MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Multimedia > Movies/TV

Notices

SoraMio
Screen ReviewerJedi MasterMovie Guru

Default East Asian Drama Reviews: 2-10-2010 - 02-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Another drama review in session and I am overwhelmed. This time I have a small mix up for review cause I'm in the middle of finishing up watching several dramas so I can't post the latest drama releases since they are still ongoing or so long it's taking me a while to finish them up.

What I'm currently watching are:
Will it Snow for Christmas- Korean
IRIS- Korean
Don't Hesitate- Korean
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (Wallflowers)-Japanese
Bloody Monday Season 2 episode 3- Japanese
Tokujo Kabachi (starring Maki Horikita)-Japanese
Revolving Hearts- Thai
Dessert Girl (starring Thai actress Cherry)- Thai
Jaew.... (the title is too freakin long to remember or comprehend; it's starring (Pae) Arak Amornsuparisi)- Thai
Hotelier (starring Bae Yong)- Japanese
The Legend-Korean
Hidarme Tantei Eye- Japanese

So you can see I have gone drama crazy but I don't have time to watch them as fast as I used to. But reviews on those will be upcoming. Plus I'll probably add some new ones to the list.

Looking for more Taiwanese recommendations

Koishite Akuma (Vampire Boy)
Total episodes: 10

Synopsis: Ruka has yet to mature into a full-fledged vampire. His canines have yet to fully develop, which means he still hasn't tasted human blood — or, at least, human blood that he's drawn himself. In order to get him prepared, he is cast down into the world of humans, where he boards with Jiro, the owner of a Chinese restaurant, and enrolls in high school. His homeroom teacher is a cheerful, though meddlesome, young woman who catches the fledgling bloodsucker off-guard. Is he actually falling in love with a mortal? --The Japan Times

Review: I absolutely loved this drama! I watched it the whole way through nonstop! The boy on the picture looks all freaky but when you see him in the drama he actually looks good. I don't know why they photoshop pics so crazily. But his hair is a mess even in the drama but he mainly keeps his hoodie pulled up.

I wanted to avoid more vampire stuff since Robert Pattinson's Edward has left a bad taste in the mouth but I couldn't resist all the rave fan reviews on this one. This drama was paced nicely and had an interesting story that pretty much holds your attention the whole time. I rate this drama 8.5/10.

Bloody Monday

Total episodes: 11

Synopsis: After a biological terrorist attack kills off the population of a Russian town; Japan's Public Safety Special Third unit, code name THIRD-i, believes that the terrorist organization responsible plans to unleash the same virus known as Bloody X into Tokyo. Subsequently, THIRD-i recruits the help of genius hacker Takagi Fujimaru to find out what happened in the Russia. However, as Fujimaru becomes involved, he soon finds out that he is in over his head and that the terrorist groups influence reaches not only his school but even the police. Fujimaru must now rely on his skill as a hacker to unravel the organizations sinister plot and find out the truth behind "Bloody Monday."

Review: Amazingly enough this is an intriguing series with terrorism at the center. For all those action, conspiracy theorists, and suspense this is the drama for you. The only that irritates me about this show is the Japanese's insistence on saying "Bloody Monday" in English! It's more like "Broody Monday" and ruins the seriousness of the situation at times. Anyways I rate this drama 8/10.

Witch Yoo Hee
Total episodes: 16

Synopsis: Ma Yoo-hee is the executive of an advertising company. She would never be caught dead wearing make-up and only ever wears black. Her hairstyle and glasses are severe, her only enjoyment in life appears to be the times when she's criticizing everything and anyone. All of her employees and co-workers fear her and she is constantly talked about when shes not around. Her stern and harsh nature has earned her the nickname 'witch' When it comes to romance she is hopeless. No matter how many blind dates she has, not one has ever led to a second. The reason for this is her negativity and her inability to loosen up and express herself. She however is completely oblivious of her faults and cannot comprehend why she is so bad when it comes to love.

Review: This was a cute and funny drama about too serious woman and a fun-loving man. Nothing new here and some crying happens but nothing overboard. This is a pretty balanced drama for someone in a light mood for humor and romance. I give this drama 7.5/10.

Fated to Love You
Total episodes: 24

Synopsis: A really unfashionable working class girl Chen Xin Yi has the desire to tie down her handsome boyfriend to be with her. Due to certain reasons, her boyfriend gets her to go on a love cruise and she started to ponder on how to lose her virginity and tie down her boyfriend. Xin Yi ended up taking cold medicine which made her drowsy and went into Ji Cun Xi's room. Cun Xi is the sole male heir to his family's company and has been in love with his girlfriend, Anna, for a long time. He planned to propose to Anna on the boat but she didn't turn up on the cruise. An island owner added drugs into Cun Xi's drink and Cun Xi became disorientated and returned to his own room. Xin Yi and Cun Xi end up having a one night stand. Xin Yi later finds out that she's pregnant and Cun Xi's grandmother forces them to get married. Will a couple forced to marry for the sake of their unborn child find love with each other?

Review: All I can say is Ethan Ruan really made this drama super funny and romantic. He isn't all that photogenic but he is actually a cute guy in live motion. This couple appear to be the opposite but soon they will realize they have something special. Not just a baby but something more. Most of this drama is ups, downs, laughter, and cheesy romantic moments made bearable b/c of Ethan. I give this one 8/10. [Recommended for a really fun time!]

East Asian Drama Reviews Archive
East Asian Drama Reviews: 12-28-09
East Asian Drama Reviews: 5-26-09
East Asian Drama Reviews:9-11-09
East Asian Drama Reviews:7-29-09

East Asian Movie Reviews Archive
East Asian Horror: Halloween Edition'09
East Asian Movie Reviews: 6-26-09
East Asian Movies to Die For: Okay Not 4-16-09
East Asian Movie Reviews:2-27-09
Thai Horror Film Reviews:1-29-09

Last edited by SoraMio; 02-10-2010 at 10:37 AM.
seeya

Default 02-10-2010, 02:32 PM
witch yoo hee was g0dz men
Chrome

Default 02-10-2010, 03:57 PM
I seriously loved IRIS, great plotline and action, but too short >:

I think I heard IRIS the Movie was going to come up.
Bleudrgn2010

Default 02-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Man I really should get back into Asian dramas. I really loved Winter Sonata but I never got myself to watch anything else (this was qute awhile ago, lol).

I might just take a look at some of these. =O Very nice information btw.
meimei

Default 02-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Ooohhh~~ .. Gosh... you watch so manyyy~~ I'm surprised the Vampire one is nice! First thing I thought of was, like you were saying was.. "Oh no, Twilight D8 .."

Maybe I'll check it out thoughhhh .. seems promising.

Also, dunno if you want to, but I heard umm, Autumn Concerto I think, is alright.....?? My friend is watching it right now; Vanness is in it .. but it's still airing.. and I don't know if it's legitimately good or not ]:
seeya

Default 02-11-2010, 08:34 AM
the girl in autumn concerto is totally my style omg

winter sonata was a classic.
summer scent is good as well.

you guys seen You're Beautiful?
SoraMio
Screen ReviewerJedi MasterMovie Guru

Default 02-11-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm you all like my reviews! I wish I had more but I'm still in the middle of quite a few as I said.

About "You're Beautiful" I reviewed that drama last time. You can read that review if you click the first archive link in the East Asian Drama Reviews Archive I made. I liked it and found it funny especially Jang Geun Suk but the female lead kinda got on my nerves after a while.

I will look into "Autumn Concerto." I have heard it's good but still ongoing so it'll probably be a while before I can finish that one too. I have been searching for some more Taiwanese dramas to balance things out. And I miss seeing Mike He.

Does anyone know if "Easy Fortune Happy Life" is really good? I don't like the way the male lead looks but I'll give it a chance if anyone thinks that's another good Taiwanese drama.
seeya

Default 02-11-2010, 11:17 AM
park hyo shin is so hot omg mannnns
igoup

Default 02-23-2010, 02:44 AM
oh no, why do i had to browse into this section ???
i am gonna check out some series for sure and i have some catching up to do.
« Flyff World > Multimedia > Movies/TV »