MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Multimedia > Music

Notices

Mark
Camera LoverMovie Guru

Default Review: Hadouken! - For the Masses - 01-29-2010, 10:20 AM

Hadouken! – For the Masses

Release date: 25th January 2010

Track List:
  1. Rebirth
  2. Turn The Lights Out
  3. M.A.D
  4. Evil
  5. House Is Falling
  6. Mic Check
  7. Ugly
  8. Bombshock
  9. Play The Night
  10. Lost

This review is going to be biased as I am a pretty big Hadouken! Fan.
Don’t get me wrong, the album is quality but Hadouken! Have changed, there’s less of the cheeky neon wit that fans loved so much in songs from their first album (Music For and Accelerated Culture) such as “That Boy That Girl” and “Liquid Lives”, not to mention “Superstar” and “Tuning In” from their previous EPs.

The change is not only evident from Jame’s lyrics which have become a little sloppy, no longer are they witticisms but rather crude and childish phrases such as “It’s ugly like your sister” it still works well for the band however it shows a lack of maturity which they really showed from their previous EPs and album.

The album in influenced by their Drum & Bass producers NOSIA, it has a darker sound, it still holds their typical 8bit sound and charm however its been a bit roughed up by their Dubstep and Drum & Bass influences. The songs are still catchy as ever however they all sound rather samey with a general lack of variety in comparison to their previous work.
I personally love the band and this album however I feel that it is a bit of a let down for fans that have eagerly awaited it.

Reviewer's notable tracks:

Turn The Lights Out
M.A.D
House Is Falling
Mic Check
Bombshock

All in all as a fan I will obviously give it 10/10

However...

From a reviewed point of view I give it a 7/10
BloodRedAngel

Default 02-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Good and honest review. I can pretty much agree with everything in it, too, though my friend thinks otherwise. Hadouken! have changed and I don't know if it is for the better, because there was something really different about their material prior to this album. With that said, you're right, it's not a terrible album by any standards (Rebirth, Mic Check and a few other tracks really do get me pumped) but I was expecting something akin to MfaAC and got something I could find on Channel U, only a little more bearable.

Glad to hear someone is spreading the word though, these guys need far more publicity
Warm

Default 02-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedAngel View Post
Glad to hear someone is spreading the word though, these guys need far more publicity
I would of thought they're considerably well known for their genre.
« Flyff World > Multimedia > Music »