MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Multimedia > Literature

Notices

fabricek
Writer Of The YearGreeter Of The Year

Default The Heroes Of Newerth - 01-28-2010, 01:19 AM
The Heroes Of Newerth

Prologue

Still need hero sign-ups, visit the sign-up page in the literature section!

Last edited by fabricek; 01-28-2010 at 04:59 AM.
fabricek

Default 01-28-2010, 04:41 AM
Book 1: The Gathering

Chapter 1: The Warrior-Beast

In a forgotten corner of the world, in the misty Sang-La Mountains, Pandamonium slowly opened his eyes, he was alerted that the energy in the grove changed. The power that existed in the sacred Bamboo Grove he lived in was negatively changed, something that hadn't happened since the genocide of the panda monks.
Pandamonium was the last of the Panda monks, an ancient race of seers that inhabited the Bamboo Grove, a mystical place filled with power. Only a decade ago, the Hellbourne army came past this place, only leaving destruction and despair. Pandamonium cursed himself for not being there when the Hellbourne invaded the territory surrounding the grove. All of his brethren fought brave, but without effect. They were all killed or enslaved, making Pandamonium the only monk left, given with the knowledge of ages.

"Something bad is coming up..." he mumbled, as if there was anyone left to hear him. The many years of desolation made him paranoid, and schizophrenic. Many years ago, he abandoned the old books and scrolls, and exchanged them for training in the martial arts.
He stood up from his plank bed, and stretched his arms. After this, he slowly went outside, in search of something to eat.

A bright sun shone through the magnificent forest, and a startled deer ran away as Pandamonium approached. Absorbed in thought, He didn't notice the steel claws sticking out a rather large bush. But this was soon to change...

A roar filled with bloodlust nailed Pandamonium to the ground. Suddenly, a human-like creature jumped out of a bush. He was wearing a white mask, fouled with blood. There wasn't a gap for his mouth, instead, there were several vertical stripes carved in with a knife. Blood-crazed eyes looked at Pandamonium through the mask. His red hair was kept together by blue elastics. But the most fearsome were his hands. He transformed his bare hands into weapons by putting in three steel blades as long as his fore-arm.

Pandamonium quickly recovered from his fear, and drew his enchanted bamboo stick from his back, holding it loosely with one hand.
"Don't make me fight you with an empty stomach, Creature" he spoke in the common language, known to both the Legion and the Hellbourne.
The Madman didn't answer, but roared with bloodlust, and dashed towards Pandamonium. And so, the battle began...

Last edited by fabricek; 07-27-2010 at 05:40 PM.
fabricek

Default 02-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Book 1: The Gathering

Chapter 2: An Unfriendly Visitor

The Madman started to run towards him with dazzling speed. When he almost reached Pandamonium, he made a leap in the air, landing behind Pandamonium. Rapidly, he swung his right arm, with the purpose of hitting Pandamonium in the back. But with lightning-quick reflexes, Pandamonium turned around, and parried the hit with his bamboo staff. He quickly dashed backwards, pushing off against a tree. With a lot of speed, he jumped towards his enemy, transforming himself into a ball-shaped projectile. The Madman rapidly dodged the panda by pulling himself up at a branch. As Pandamonium reached the ground were the Madman was standing only a second ago, the filthy creature released itself from the tree, to stick his both claws in the back of Pandamonium. Severely wounded, he managed to shake off his enemy. The blood flowed out of his deep wounds, coloring his white and black fur deep red. When the Madman saw he the blood dripping to the ground, there to be swallowed by the mud, he became even more confident. Sure that victory was his, he ran towards Pandamonium to deliver him his killing blow. But this wasn’t how the panda imagined his end, and sturdy as he was, he started to run towards his enemy too, despite his wounds.

As the two clashed into each other, the sun hid itself behind clouds, afraid of the gruel that took place between the trees. The bamboo stick was everywhere, and was shining with a bright blue light. The claws of the Madman were covered with blood, shredding through skin of Pandamonium. Both heavily wounded, they dashed backwards, gathering their last powers to destroy their opponent. As the warrior monk focused all his powers into his bare hands, the wind started to blow harder. The trees bended forwards, as if they wanted to pull their roots out of the ground, to protect Pandamonium. His hands started to glow faintly, and his muscles visibly grew.

The Madman on his part, saw all of this with increasing anger. As soon as he felt he was ready for it, he unleashed his rage upon Pandamonium, his eyes became red, and as he started to run towards Pandamonium, he went totally berserk. Devastating were the attacks of the Madman, but they were also uncontrolled, and Pandamonium knew he had to take advantage of this. As he saw his enemy pull back his arm to unleash its power on him, he focused on dodging this blow. When the Madman made a diagonal slash, Pandamonium jumped as high as he could. When in mid air, he rolled around, forming a massive cannonball. As he came back down, he landed right on the top side of the claw, simply breaking the claw as well as the Madman’s hand. Now, it would be an easy job, or so he believed. But the Madman was as vicious as ever, using his left hand as his main weapon now. He dodged a punch from Pandamonium by rolling over the ground. The Madman turned back a bit, to regain his breath. This was the moment for Pandamonium to counter. As soon as his enemy backed off, he ran towards him, grabbing his left arm, and simply breaking it with his immense force. The Madman screamed of pain, his two arms made useless. Finally, Pandamonium finished the job. With a bright light shining from his hands, he smashed the Madman in his face, shattering his white mask. The sharp parts penetrated his skin, eyes and nose. Blood sprayed from between cracks and open wounds.

With the Madman finally dead, and the power flowing out of Pandamonium’s body, he started to feel the pain that he had been able suppress during the fight. As he slowly began to realize how much he suffered from the slashes and cuts all over his body, he sank on his knees. After a couple of seconds, he finally lost consciousness, soon to be surrounded by a pool of dark red blood.

Last edited by fabricek; 07-27-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Suinia
Game Reviewer

Default 02-01-2010, 01:31 PM
8-O Exciting.

I quite liked how you put the prologue all fancy-like on a seemingly weathered piece of paper as well
fabricek

Default 02-01-2010, 01:36 PM
haha thx alot

and yes, the prologue took alot of time :P

next part will go over the world of Newerth!

Last edited by fabricek; 02-02-2010 at 09:36 AM.
fabricek

Default 02-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Intermezzo: The History Of Newerth

You slowly open the unfamiliar door. A bell rings when you enter the store, it’s somehow familiar too you. “What can I do for you, young one?” An old, wrinkled man asks with a gentle smile. “I was wondering, do you still have History of Newerth? I saw you were selling it the other day.” “hmm… Let me take a look.” The man answers, as he disappears between the endless piles of books scattered over the floor. You are somehow disoriented by the seemingly endless room.

“Here it is, I got one left.” You make a little jump of fear when the voice speaks. “ Oh..o-okk..” you stutter. “please don’t forget to bring it back, it seems to be really old. I haven’t ever had it in my hands myself.” The man looks to you with a face that wants to say: Don’t you dare to spill anything on it! “Uhh.. I will sir, I will bring it back.” You greet the man one more time when you leave the building, and you return back home.

When you’re back in your chamber, you finally dare to take the dusty book out of your bag. As you slowly place it on the ground, and make the place a bit more comfortable, you open the book and start to read…

The next part can be considered background information, read it to learn more about the setting of this story

Spoilers contain pages =)

Page 1
Spoiler

Page 2
Spoiler

Page 3
Spoiler

Page 4
Spoiler

Last edited by fabricek; 02-02-2010 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Continuous post
fabricek

Default 02-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Continued Soon =)
fabricek

Default 02-03-2010, 07:19 AM
Page 5
Spoiler

Page 6
Spoiler

Page 7
Spoiler

Page 8
Spoiler

Aggradar Map 1 (territorial)
Spoiler

Aggradar Map 2 (political)
Spoiler

Ithria Map 1 (territorial)
Spoiler

Ithria Map 2 (political)
Spoiler

Qeshir Map 1 (territorial)
Spoiler

Qeshir Map 2 (political)
Spoiler

Last edited by fabricek; 02-03-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Andhotiel

Default 02-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Woah that's for sure a lot of work you're putting up here!
I'd like to see moooooreee :3
Kaiko

Default 02-05-2010, 10:37 AM
"he turned around, and parried the hit with his stick"

I AM TRULY OFFENDED IT IS A BAMBOO BO-STAFF GET IT RIGHT

No I'm kidding keep up the good work.
« Flyff World > Multimedia > Literature »