MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Multimedia > The Arts

Notices

pukey

Default 09-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
Gads, thanks for the awesome replies, they sorta made my day ^-^

Do keep in mind: I have been actively drawing and painting since I was ten years old, which is almost seven years. Ever since then I have had this wish of becoming a professional, a wish that is only now slowly beginning to fade (because I'm not that sure I'd enjoy doing it as a job too, not just as a hobby). I know that I may just continue doing art forever, because it's really dear to me.

To colour I use different things, but most coloured artworks are done with the computer and a tablet (Graphire). It's completely hand-painted in Photoshop CS. I also own a set of 180 coloured pencils (Pablos, from Faber-Castell I believe if memory serves me right), and watercolours and acryl, though I barely use those anymore.

Thanks for all the compliments, and don't feel bad! Art is practice, and solely practice. If it makes you feel any better, look at this: my improvement over the last eight years. xD
All it takes to get there, is practice. Speaking from experience.

^-^
Take care,
Kyu
Since you are 16, you have time to decide on if you really want to pursue a career in art or not and don't forget it depends on what art related field you want to go into. I've known people that say they are proud and happy for being able to make a living from their art, but miss the times they drew for fun. One of my friends graduated from a nice art school in my area and currently works for a game company. Also my cousin went through art school and is currently trying to get her masters in art history. I wanted to go into the art field too, but got too discouraged by my parents and lack the funds too.

Judging from your dA gallery, you're definitely stronger in realism compared to the other styles you use. Your doggy is definitely adorable and your pencil skills are amazing. Keep drawing!
AtomicFall

Default 09-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Wow, I love the one of your dog. So cute. :3
Kyuusai
Artist Of The YearRingmaster Of The YearArtwork Of The Season

Default 05-22-2009, 05:44 AM
Newest:

Kyuusai

Default 06-01-2009, 01:21 PM

This one is a bit older, but I still like it, except for the too big head and the lower part of the pants. x.x This piece is where I first learned to draw proper linearts.
Flash

Default 06-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Newest:

I love this.. the dragon just looks so freaking amazing. Awesome job!
meimei

Default 06-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Quote:

This one is a bit older, but I still like it, except for the too big head and the lower part of the pants. x.x This piece is where I first learned to draw proper linearts.
xD This is really cool. He has a lot of personality. Looove the detail in his hair and feathers.. and you did a great job with the wrinkles of his clothing. Very fluid and pretty! ^-^ .. Interesting concept to get the cross tied to the ends of his hair o:
Kyuusai

Default 06-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks so much, Flash and Meimei. Your comments make my day =]
chickencrunchface

Default 06-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Quote:

Yeah, you fell into the shrinking body trap. Almost none of his body parts are the right sizes for each other. :/ Also, watch out for the length of his legs when one is bent like that; the one in the back is way too long.

Your pencil work (regarding the dog) is good. You still need to work on using different pencils to get the shading right and smooth it out. Don't shade lightly with any of the B pencils, just move down the scale.

Last edited by chickencrunchface; 06-02-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Kyuusai

Default 06-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Yup, I can clearly see the anatomy mistakes now. That was an older work of mine. I'd like to say my anatomy skills have gotten better.

And to be honest, I do use all sorts of pencils. A mechanical HB/B (I have two kinds of leads) for the linearts, but I also use 2H up to 6B graphite pencils.
AtomicFall

Default 06-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Soooo amazing! Wonderful shading and details. Some anatomical flaws, but Chicken pointed those out so there's no need for me to repeat them. I'm impressed, though, very nice. :3
« Flyff World > Multimedia > The Arts »