MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Latest News and Updates > Wiki Discussion

Notices

Honey

Default Missing Images - 08-26-2010, 12:16 PM
I was looking at the Wiki in the Monsters section and I noticed that a lot of the monsters don't have any images as to where one could find them. So, I looked up the locations for some monsters, and I wanted to post them, but I then realized they have to be GIF images.

How would I go about taking a Google image or an image from the Flyff Wiki (not the Wiki on FW) and putting them in the Wiki on here?

Yes No
Kilconey
Oreo Monster

Default 08-26-2010, 01:16 PM
In the bottom of the Wiki navigation, you'll see an option that says Toolbox -> Upload File.

Source Filename is just the location of the file from your own computer (you'll need to save the images to your own computer; you can't upload from the web).

Destination filename is what you choose to rename the file to. You can take a look at the uploaded file list (linked on the same page) to see how other contributers have named the images. You can also provide a summary.

Once the image is uploaded, you can use one of the codes provided:
  • [[File:File.jpg]] to use the full version of the file
  • [[File:File.png|200px|thumb|left|alt text]] to use a 200 pixel wide rendition in a box in the left margin with 'alt text' as description
  • [[Media:File.ogg]] for directly linking to the file without displaying the file

to showcase the images.

Yes No
Honey

Default 08-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Mm, that's not quite what I was wanting to do. See on this page, for example, both the picture and location thumbnails aren't there. So, I went to Google and found this image of a Hague and thought I'd be helpful and upload it.

How would I do that? Like when I click edit, the other images are all .GIF files.

Yes No
Kilconey
Oreo Monster

Default 08-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Yeah, what you have to do is save that particular image to your computer. You can't link directly to the image.

Then under the link I mentioned - upload the image you just saved to the computer.

You'll get the URL for the image. For example you'd save it as say Hague-wiki.jpg Then go back to the Hague Wiki page, hit edit:

Code:
|ICON= [[Image:Monster-coming.gif]]
|MAP= [[Image:Map-coming.gif]]
Replace the Monster-coming.gif with the URL (Hague-wiki.jpg) for example and save the page:

Code:
|ICON= [[Image:Hague-wiki.jpg]]
|MAP= [[Image:Map-coming.gif]]
We do however, prefer using images taken yourself in-game, rather than off google/the official Flyff Wikipedia.

Yes No
pohser
Flyer Of The SeasonWiki Contributor

Default 08-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Oh yay, adding images to the wiki would be very helpful! It looks like you figured out how to upload images too.
I actually have images ready of all the forgotten tower mobs though; I just forgot that I hadn't uploaded them yet >///<;; Very sorry! I can get them uploaded tomorow. The Ivillis Temple mobs still have no images at all, and nearly all mobs have no gallery images.
Do you have any sort of image editing software? If you do, here's the border for the little monster images: http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3002/borderw.png

Edit: oh yeah, forgot about asmodan and nyx, don't have images of those either

Last edited by pohser; 08-29-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Yes No
« Flyff World > Latest News and Updates > Wiki Discussion »