MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Latest News and Updates > Wiki Discussion

Notices

berserkofmia

Default gambi axe - 07-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi I'm new here but I like to help out so I added a little info on this page for gambi +3 damage.

http://flyffworld.com/wiki/Guardian_...Power_Upgrades

In case proof is needed here's a screenshot

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19...flyff00110.jpg

I took the screeny to submit for the gambi page on the wiki because it doesn't have any pictures yet, but I read that you guys only want high quality pictures and that Nvidia Graphics Optimization Tutorial didn't help me because my "Nvidia desktop manager" in control panel doesn't look anything like that.

Yes No
pohser
Flyer Of The SeasonWiki Contributor

Default 07-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Hullo there! Welcome, and thank you so so much for taking the time to help<33 :)

While it is true that higher quality images are preferred, any image is definitely better than no image! So if you have screenshots you want to upload, please do! Cropping images before uploading would be good though ;)

If you are still interested in upping the quality of flyff though, the first thing to do is of course make sure the settings in the patcher option window are maxed and resolution is as large as you would like. As for the graphic card, I don't... think Nvidia desktop manager is where you want to be. I'm not sure though, and am not a computer person so I'm not sure how to help you find the right place. Try right clicking your desktop and see if an option there says Nvidia not desktop manager? If that doesn't show anything, I don't know.

As for screenshots, the screenshot you posted is actually pretty good! Nice location~ It helps screenshots a ton if you don't use the ingame screenshot function though; ingame screenshot function compresses jpgs ridiculously much. Printscreen or the free version of fraps works better. Your flyff resolution seems pretty small too, so if you can increasing that would help too. Alternatively, if you would like, I could meet you in game and take screenshots for you.

Anyway, again, thank you so much for helping! All help is more than welcome and very appreciated n__n

Yes No
berserkofmia

Default 07-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Yeah you're right printscreen looks a bit better. My monitor is only standard 1024x768 so if you could meet me in game that would probably be best because your wiki pictures are big and best quality. I'm on Mia server and probably on the character Zingaro in channel 4. Some things I can model that the wiki seems to be missing:

Guardian Ambidextrous Axe
Rukips set (m) [it has a little +3 glow so i dunno if that's a problem]
Cloak of the Night Sky [i couldn't find a cloak page on the wiki so i dunno if u guys want them]

Yes No
pohser
Flyer Of The SeasonWiki Contributor

Default 07-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Met you in game and took the screenshots, thank you again so much!

As for cloaks, screenshots are wanted for them, but they're mostly cash shop items and the cash shop section is the one section I really don't want to touch >//< I'll be uploading the screenshot though, so that if someone decides to work on the cloak section it will be there for them.

Oh, and armor glows can be removed in-game, just turn down item effects in the option window. So the glow was no problem at all~

Yes No
berserkofmia

Default 07-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Oh yeah I wanted to show you guys something I thought was cool. I saw this 3d model viewer on a fansite of another game I play and I was thinking How awesome would it be to have this for flyff.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=46016#modelviewer

The only problem is you gotta get your hands on the 3d models directly from the data files or something. And I don't know if the model viewer is free or costs money, or the rules about publishing it on your website, but I'll leave that for you guys to look into if this looks like something you want.

You gotta admit it's pretty awesome. Try moving your mouse wheel.

Last edited by berserkofmia; 07-03-2010 at 04:02 PM.

Yes No
jonno
Psykeeper Of The Year

Default 07-04-2010, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkofmia View Post
Oh yeah I wanted to show you guys something I thought was cool. I saw this 3d model viewer on a fansite of another game I play and I was thinking How awesome would it be to have this for flyff.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=46016#modelviewer

The only problem is you gotta get your hands on the 3d models directly from the data files or something. And I don't know if the model viewer is free or costs money, or the rules about publishing it on your website, but I'll leave that for you guys to look into if this looks like something you want.

You gotta admit it's pretty awesome. Try moving your mouse wheel.
Reikos > that and I don't have to look at it

Yes No
berserkofmia

Default 07-04-2010, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonno View Post
Reikos > that and I don't have to look at it
Any model viewer would be fine, I wasn't suggesting that one specifically. I just thought a model viewer would be cool to have and also easier to compile pictures of in-game stuff if we could somehow get our hands on the models from the flyff data files or something, not sure how that works.

If you clicked the link you might have realized that I'm talking about a model viewer that shows the item itself, not the player wearing it. You can rotate the item to any angle and zoom in and out to see it completely. In terms of databases, it's just a big step up from screenshots, that's all I'm saying.

Screenshots are perfectly satisfactory and you guys are doing a great job, don't get me wrong. I just thought I would throw the idea out there because it seems like it would be a lot easier to get the image files directly from the game and insert them into a model viewer and be done with it.

Last edited by berserkofmia; 07-04-2010 at 07:44 AM.

Yes No
sklnkl

Default 10-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Very informative, like the way this article is written.

Yes 1 No 0
« Flyff World > Latest News and Updates > Wiki Discussion »