MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Latest News and Updates > Wiki Discussion

Notices

snapcrakllpop

Default NPC and Quests - 02-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Alright my newest project has been decided...and it's going to be painful if I do it alone

I noticed that there is no NPC section at all, and the Quests section is empty (kinda). I've started building an NPC page here: http://www.flyffworld.com/wiki/NPCs

I'd appreciate help ^^

Quests will come later. I've given it a start, so you can follow my setup or reformat it to your liking and I'll roll with it It is a publicly editable board after all ;P

EDIT: Also, how would I add the NPC page to the navigation menu under Basics? I put it in the basics category but it doesn't show up when you hover over "Basics."

Last edited by snapcrakllpop; 02-14-2010 at 09:43 AM.

Yes 1 No 0
pohser
Flyer Of The SeasonWiki Contributor

Default 02-14-2010, 12:18 AM
Glee, kudos to you for taking the initiative and getting started on these! <33 :D
Once I'm done messing around in the weapons section I'll most likely come over and help :>

As far as I'm aware, only Tor can edit the navigation.

Mm, comment on individual Npc page names. I vote for the names to be set up as (npc title thing) npc name. Sticking NPC: in front of it looks off to me. Like how the class skill pages are prefixed with Skill:, but the individual skills aren't, and the equipment section pages are prefixed with Equipment:, but the specific equipment pages aren't.

Yes No
meimei

Default 02-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Sweet.

I'm not on my own computer anymore v_v .. but as posher mentioned, once the section gets a bit more developed, please please do not hesitate to respond to this thread to tap our attention (if I forget to regularly check the updates) so that we can indeed add it to the menu!

Perhaps adding a map and such will help too :] .. .. sigh, I've been super busy with other things in life, but this was a section that I have wanted to do for a while.. ><;; .. tch. Keep up the good workk!! Looks like a great start.

Yes No
Luciana
Psykeeper Of The YearRanger Of The Year

Default 02-14-2010, 05:31 AM
I will try to help with that, I put another 2 NPCs there for now, I'll put more eventually

Yes No
snapcrakllpop

Default 02-14-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm loving the cooperation on this :3

I finally got done with a one-week customer service session with Adobe and my Photoshop is finally working. It kept rejecting my key

So once the list is finished we can set up each individual NPC's page with a snapshot and location map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pohser
Mm, comment on individual Npc page names. I vote for the names to be set up as (npc title thing) npc name. Sticking NPC: in front of it looks off to me. Like how the class skill pages are prefixed with Skill:, but the individual skills aren't, and the equipment section pages are prefixed with Equipment:, but the specific equipment pages aren't.
Agreed. Good call seeing a URL with caps like that looks off...
EDIT: This change has been made ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimei
Perhaps adding a map and such will help too :]
Sounds good to me. Now that my photoshop's working I'll work on that and it sounds like we have Luciana and (soon) pohser on board to help

Thanks everyone this project seems like it'll come together easily :3

EDIT: Also I'm trying to keep the NPCs listed alphabetically so you can easily find the one you're looking for

Last edited by snapcrakllpop; 02-14-2010 at 09:42 AM.

Yes No
pohser

Default 05-12-2010, 10:30 PM
I tried to make a layout for quests.
I made the Bone Bowl chain quest page as a test for regular quests.
Party of Is as a test for office quests, and some Flarine Office Quests for the office quests main pages.

Since quests deal with items alot, here's how I've been doing item pages as tests.

Quests also deal with npcs, so I tried doing the Strange Collector and Bowler pages.

I'm not terribly attached to these layouts, and I'm not planning on going through and making more quest and npc pages any time soon. I just figured it might help other people. Feel free to edit the layouts as you see fit, or suggest ways that I can improve them.
I might add more of the office quests to the office quest pages soonish, so if you don't like how that's laid out say something soonish.

Oh yeah, and I made a quote template. It's a really simple template, and could most likely use some tweaking to make it more variable, but I don't feel like it. For anyone that wants to use it, you can see it on the npc and quest pages. You just type {{Quote|Quote Goes here}}

Yes No
pohser

Default 07-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Okay, since no one has complained, I've been moving forward with making more npc and quest pages.

And, I've made a super duper handy template for quest office pages!
Spoiler

NPC Section filled out for all office quest areas:
Spoiler

Just copy paste that template onto office quest pages, fill out what you can, and it will lay out the entire page.

As for filling it out, most of the info is on the Office Quest Pages, and the npc info is provided above. All that leaves is the mob image, location image, and continent - that's all found on the monster pages - and the quest text. If you don't have quest text available, just leave it blank and I can fill it in.

Help with page creation would be really really appreciated<33

Also, if anyone wants to suggest ways to make the quest pages better, please let me know :)

Edit: Also created a template for the overview section of other types of quests. Since other quests aren't as perfectly formulaic as office quests, I didn't create a template for the entire quest pages - just the overview. And also because of this, I'm not gonna go into detail on how to set up those other quest pages. If you really want to, you can figure it out pretty easy by looking at the Bone Bowl Chain Quest Page. And if anyone does express a desire to help on non office quests, and needs help figuring it out, of course I'd be more than happy to explain then~~

Last edited by pohser; 07-13-2010 at 11:21 AM.

Yes No
atobos281

Default 07-24-2010, 05:08 AM
i dont even get it

Yes No
pohser

Default 07-24-2010, 12:36 PM
You don't even get what? I might be able to help, unless your statement was rhetorical of course.

Yes No
envysan

Default 08-19-2010, 11:15 AM
wow..I was gonna look for a guide for the historian quests and they aren't even listed. I have done a few, but stuck on chapter 1 on my blade and forgot how to finish this one quest. It says something about defeating the violet magician troupe twice (did the second one where you just kill them, but it says something about getting them to talk from the NPC). I might, if no one else makes the quests listed on this, make these quests listed and such. I just have to restart them on a different character.

Yes No
« Flyff World > Latest News and Updates > Wiki Discussion »