MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Latest News and Updates > Wiki Discussion

Notices

FiliaChan
Wiki Contributor

Default Monsters: ranged or melee? - 01-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Pretty much all the mobs I've seen on the wiki are marked as ranged. Is there any factual evidence (such as code depicting ranged attributes) to this? Or just people taking position lag attacks and mistaking them for ranged attacks?

Yes No
BBRS

Default 01-13-2010, 07:49 PM
There are some ranged mobs like small Syliacas I believe, and a couple more. But not all o_o... I'm pretty sure they're melee...

Yes No
IVIike

Default 01-13-2010, 08:10 PM
princes were the only mobs with no ranged attack in azria, but that was fixed when I abused the glitch and got reported

Yes No
SailorYue

Default 01-13-2010, 09:01 PM
i thought the 'plane' class of most mobs were the ranged ones and the apis of the carrers. the plain drillerts, nutty wheels and cardpuppets were thes that shot lasers, and i know regular cardpuppets run away if you get near. used to piss me off cuz theyd get outside the aoe circle and not be hit

Yes No
Tor
I'm Watching You

Default 01-16-2010, 12:11 PM
Don't all monsters have ranged? Like that sperm shot that you see. Usually happens like randomly out of no where. I see it all the time when I AOE.

Yes No
IVIike

Default 01-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor View Post
Don't all monsters have ranged? Like that sperm shot that you see. Usually happens like randomly out of no where. I see it all the time when I AOE.
some are glitched and don't

Yes No
FiliaChan
Wiki Contributor

Default 01-17-2010, 06:54 AM
Sarisa (on the officials) has completed an additional part of a database (on http://kabel.pp.ru/cgi-bin/mobdata.cgi) that was originally meant to be used with a redesigned version of the charsim.

In the mob data, the addition is basically a list of 3 attacks. For some mobs (small aibatt) they're all melee type, for others it's a mixture of melee and ranged. My assumption is that mobs pretty much alternate their attacks, or pick them randomly.

I don't know if the attack parts are final or just some incomplete template, tho.

Yes No
Corleone

Default 01-18-2010, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Haha, little sperm shot. Made me lol xD

Yes No
FiliaChan
Wiki Contributor

Default 01-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corleone View Post
Haha, little sperm shot. Made me lol xD
I hope the mobs will rape you, too, for that productive comment. ;__;

Yes No
snapcrakllpop

Default 02-01-2010, 05:06 AM
Quote:
first, lol at sperm shot ^^

the sperm shot ( ) only happens on the monsters that run when they get low hp.

Most monsters I've fought up to 67~ are pure melee and never hit ranged. I recall normal Jack the Hammers hitting ranged, normal Hobos hitting ranged, and a few others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiliaChan View Post
In the mob data, the addition is basically a list of 3 attacks.
My guess is that the 3 attacks are the attack of the small, normal, and captain type of the monster. i.e. Small Hobos hit melee only, Normal Hobos hit ranged only, and Captain Hobos hit melee only. so in the database that would be described as melee, ranged, melee I'm guessing.

But I'm not a GM so that's just my insight :3

Last edited by snapcrakllpop; 02-01-2010 at 05:08 AM.

Yes No
« Flyff World > Latest News and Updates > Wiki Discussion »