MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Latest News and Updates > Wiki Discussion

Notices

Tor
I'm Watching You

Default Should Famous Guilds have it's on section? - 10-17-2009, 10:53 PM
It would probably go under "community > famous people > guilds" or something. Someone suggested it, but questions arises. Like what constitutes as a famous guild? Popularity? Accomplishment? Achievement? Infamy?

Yes No
ItsNotRudy
Loli Hunter

Default 10-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Guilds these days that win siege keep reforming under new names for the lulz, I dont think its worth the trouble

Yes No
trooprm32

Default 10-18-2009, 01:37 AM
You want to make famous people feel less important, not more, don't want people to get to cocky.

Yes No
Sinner
Otaku Of The YearStaff Of The Year

Default 10-18-2009, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsNotRudy View Post
Guilds these days that win siege keep reforming under new names for the lulz, I dont think its worth the trouble

That's my opinion too.

Then there's the case of how long do they need to be around for, how many siege/tower wins etc. People thinking their guild's better than it really is (xc0n). If they want notice there's always the normal guild section in the wiki where they can list what they've done.

Yes No
Wizzie
British

Default 10-18-2009, 02:01 AM
Maybe guilds that were well known, but then disbanded. No current guilds, just to avoid massivedramaguys.

Yes No
SpartaN9191

Default 10-18-2009, 08:05 AM
I know a few from Aibatt that I would consider 'Famous' simply because everyone knew them.

Dedicated
Sunrise
Synaethesia
RISE

shoot it's been so long since i've been on Flyff.... I'll try to remember more and post them up ;o

Last edited by SpartaN9191; 10-18-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Yes No
Kilconey
Oreo Monster

Default 10-18-2009, 08:17 AM
I wouldn't make a "famous" section, you'd have too many qualifications for that, along with people who knew them, such as old v7 guilds like on Glaphan: Ethereal, ae0n, etc, wouldn't even be considered famous now and you'd hear about Fierce, Spades, or more recently Solitude, Creation, TwilightHeroes instead...

That whole dymanic keeps shifting, but I just think it'd be relatively impossible to categorize them unless you did something like "Siege Guilds"

Yes No
Zestibles
Game Reviewer

Default 10-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Make the name 'Iconic Guilds', too fit with the Iconic Players section.

Iconic guilds, since it is an editable wiki, can just be a guild accomplishments or just being popular.

Like a few for Lawolf could be
Histsu
XXX
Illuminati
Etc.

Instead of just being a list of guilds in there that is just thrown together by a few members and is buried in there.

This would be so editors/contributors didn't have to go in and do the whole add a guild to the list thing, not having to get the list of members and etc.

I'll come back later.

Yes No
BeWop

Default 10-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartaN9191 View Post
I know a few from Aibatt that I would consider 'Famous' simply because everyone knew them.

Dedicated
Sunrise
Synaethesia
RISE

shoot it's been so long since i've been on Flyff.... I'll try to remember more and post them up ;o
Envy (Now Solar)
UO has been around long enough as well, though not a lot of people like them.

I think Envy/Solar is really the most mentionable for me anyways, they've always been the most famous guild of aibatt, and as far as I can tell, flyff.

Yes No
SpartaN9191

Default 10-19-2009, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeWop View Post
Envy (Now Solar)
UO has been around long enough as well, though not a lot of people like them.

I think Envy/Solar is really the most mentionable for me anyways, they've always been the most famous guild of aibatt, and as far as I can tell, flyff.
sheesh I forgot about envy.
I was in UO, they really arent that bad. A bunch of nice people just trying to help eachother out. I dont know why people dont like them.

I'd have to say that at the time, Dedicated was just as popular as Envy.

Yes No
« Flyff World > Latest News and Updates > Wiki Discussion »