MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Latest News and Updates > Wiki Discussion

Notices

FiliaChan
Wiki Contributor

Default 02-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapcrakllpop View Post
the sperm shot ( ) only happens on the monsters that run when they get low hp.
He wasn't referring to the text bubble, but to the shots that mobs do from ranged locations, such as the regular Jacks, Hobos, Cardpuppets and Carrierbombs - the energy balls they shoot at you. Some position lag, however, (usually met in AoE leveling) causes some mobs that, although on the server located right near you, appear as far away from you on your pc and thus, when they attack, you see that specific energy ball thingy, when, in fact, the attack is melee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapcrakllpop View Post
My guess is that the 3 attacks are the attack of the small, normal, and captain type of the monster.
Naw, each monster has those listed; I asked Sarisa and the answer I got was that all 3 attacks are different attacks of the respective mobs. The rules are kind of hard to explain, but most mobs are seemingly taught to stick to the first attack after their first hit, which is apparently a ranged one.

Last edited by FiliaChan; 02-01-2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Typos. :(

Yes No
snapcrakllpop

Default 02-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiliaChan View Post
He wasn't referring to the text bubble, but to the shots that mobs do from ranged locations, such as the regular Jacks, Hobos, Cardpuppets and Carrierbombs - the energy balls they shoot at you. Some position lag, however, (usually met in AoE leveling) causes some mobs that, although on the server located right near you, appear as far away from you on your pc and thus, when they attack, you see that specific energy ball thingy, when, in fact, the attack is melee.

Naw, each monster has those listed; I asked Sarisa and the answer I got was that all 3 attacks are different attacks of the respective mobs. The rules are kind of hard to explain, but most mobs are seemingly taught to stick to the first attack after their first hit, which is apparently a ranged one.
I payed special attention to this when levelling yesterday on my new mercenary, and I never once found a hybrid-attacking monster. When he got to 38 and I took him to Leyenas I noticed that smalls hit melee 100% of the time. Even if an aggro saw me from a distance he'd walk up close before landing a hit. Normals, however, never stood and fought. They'd hit and run, hit and run. (sneaker ftw) so they're definitely 100% ranged. I've never fought anything over level 67 so I can't speak for monsters beyond that point, but up until then there aren't any monsters with hybrid attack lineups that I recall. just for a point of reference, have you ever been hit by a ranged attack from a Tombstone Bearer? :3

Yes No
BeWop

Default 03-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Some mobs (a lot of normal (not small or captian) mobs) use 100% ranged moves. They're the annoying ones that run away from melee characters. There's quite a bit of them. As far as I can tell though, no azria mobs use 100% range.

As far as the little sperms tor was talking about, that happens when a mob cannot get to you, it's it's other form of attack which is rare and basically exactly like a melee attack. Most if not all mobs have that, but 100% ranged mobs are the ones that run away. I think the ones that hit you with melee should be listed as melee, and the runaway and pew pew pew mobs should be listed as range, but that's just me.

Yes No
Bo375

Default 03-04-2010, 03:40 AM
yes, the "pew pew pew" mobs should be listed as ranged.

Yes No
mastermatrix9000

Default 03-20-2010, 10:28 AM
The Cw should be in the group of hybrids due to his laser,stomp,sword,cannon

Yes No
Cayda

Default 04-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiliaChan View Post
Pretty much all the mobs I've seen on the wiki are marked as ranged. Is there any factual evidence (such as code depicting ranged attributes) to this? Or just people taking position lag attacks and mistaking them for ranged attacks?
Most monsters have ranged and melee attacks. Like Lawolfs. They are dogs, they aren't supposed to be able to do magic, yet they do. Same with Steel Knights. And Leyenas. I'm pretty confused why it's so illogical, but I haven't done any research on this topic, but it is true that MOST are ranged.

Yes No
MStevens24

Default 04-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Its simple really.

All mobs have ranged attacks, but there are some mobs that only do ranged attacks

Basically if a mob cannot reach you, it will launch a ranged attack.

If it can reach you, it will use a melee attack.

There are some mobs, there are purely ranged, but in order to stop glitchers from afk lvling, all mobs can shot ranged bullets if they cannot hit you with there melee.

Yes No
« Flyff World > Latest News and Updates > Wiki Discussion »