MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > FlyFF Discussions > FlyFF Technical Questions

Notices

jx3

Default Does Flyff work on Windows 7? - 12-06-2009, 02:34 PM
I've heard that Flyff has some problems running on Windows 7 but is this really true? My Windows 7 CD will be coming in a week or two and it's going to wipe out everything, but anyway I've already got everything backed up. I just want to know whether Flyff will work on it or not.

What are some of the problems that it has on it?
And does it work at all? Badly? Poor performance? Specifically?

My computer is a laptop, Lenovo IdeaPad Y550 with Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.20 GHz. It has 4 GB of RAM and it's 32 bit, currently running on Vista Home Premium.

And another question - if I install windows 7 (keep in mind that is a complete wipe NOT an upgrade) will I have the same hardware/drivers or will I get new ones?

And for those who wanna know, it's a complete wipe rather than an upgrade because Lenovo fucked up -- I bought it and it was supposed to come with Windows 7 but instead b/c of a manufacturing error came with Vista instead so now they're gonna send me a recovery DVD which apparently wipes out EVERYTHING.

Yes No
woxxy

Default 12-06-2009, 05:49 PM
I always help when possible when it's about tech here.

But helping a retard who brags about stealing billions from some dude?

Fuck off. I really hope your Windows Seven will make your PSU explode and break the broken bones you listed in that other troll thread.

Yes 0 No 2
trooprm32

Default 12-06-2009, 06:59 PM
I came into this thread looking for the answer :v

Yes No
woxxy

Default 12-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trooprm32 View Post
I came into this thread looking for the answer :v
The answer is not satisfying anyway.

You might have problems with your graphics card, driver problems. But they're rare enough to be ignored.

Yes 0 No 1
iSingh
Super Saiyan

Default 12-07-2009, 12:39 AM
It works perfectly fine, you might need to get new drivers for certain hardware but to be honest windows tends to do a lot of that automatically now, I had no issues moving from 2 systems from 32 bit Vista and XP to 64 bit Windows 7. Only thing is the default Gameguard files on FlyFF seem to hate it, you can just steal the .des file from another game, I believe even Rappelz has a working one.

Yes No
jx3

Default 12-07-2009, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehGeneral View Post
It works perfectly fine, you might need to get new drivers for certain hardware but to be honest windows tends to do a lot of that automatically now, I had no issues moving from 2 systems from 32 bit Vista and XP to 64 bit Windows 7. Only thing is the default Gameguard files on FlyFF seem to hate it, you can just steal the .des file from another game, I believe even Rappelz has a working one.

I've had no problems running Flyff under 64-bit Vista before. The framerate is kind of crappy though, although not on my laptop because it has more up to date graphics drivers and as a result I get around 60 FPS. In 64-bit Vista it appears to run at ~20 FPS, although that could be the result of outdated graphics drivers.

But are you saying that GameGuard doesn't work under Windows 7?

Yes No
MrCharly

Default 12-07-2009, 05:44 AM
If flyff or something else doesn't work, download the W7 virtual xp machine and run it in that.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

Yes No
iSingh
Super Saiyan

Default 12-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jx3 View Post
I've had no problems running Flyff under 64-bit Vista before. The framerate is kind of crappy though, although not on my laptop because it has more up to date graphics drivers and as a result I get around 60 FPS. In 64-bit Vista it appears to run at ~20 FPS, although that could be the result of outdated graphics drivers.

But are you saying that GameGuard doesn't work under Windows 7?
Why on earth would you have problems running 64 bit Vista? I used myself as an example to just prove that the transition was fine even if you were moving from a 32 bit system. Windows 7 works perfectly fine with FlyFF, you just need to change the gameguard files, theres plenty of tutorials out there.

Gameguard DOES work with Windows 7, but the copy of Gameguard distributed by default with FlyFF doesn't.

Yes No
redblazin

Default 12-09-2009, 01:05 AM
There was a problem with Game Guard when trying to open Flyff on Windows 7, i use two OS's Windows 7 and XP. I patched Flyff on Windows XP and then i was able to run it on Windows 7.
hope this helps

Last edited by redblazin; 12-09-2009 at 01:05 AM.

Yes No
iSingh
Super Saiyan

Default 12-09-2009, 06:09 PM
I already explained how to make it work, your solution doesn't make any sense though, how would patching it in the XP boot change anything? Only thing that would make sense if they've patched the latest version of Gameguard through since you last tried Windows 7, in which case it'll work for everyone without configuring files.

Yes No
« Flyff World > FlyFF Discussions > FlyFF Technical Questions »