MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > World Community > Off-Topic Lounge

Notices

OwL

Default 05-03-2009, 09:35 PM
I'm taking a wild guess here and say it barely affects you on the long run... smoking itself is not bad, what's bad is doing it excessively, every excess is bad. Of course others factors enter here too. If you have a healthy life, have good eating habits, exercise body frequently, I don't think there should be MUCH of a problem.

A cousin of mine is a casual cigar smoker, and every now and then one cigarrete, he's like 35 now and he's perfectly healthy. :/ Again, what do you mean with on the long run? xP 10 years? 20 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zestibles View Post
And breathing it in can have some cause on you, I remember reading something about Mexico city air is like smoking two packs a day.
That's me right there.

I've been living here almost 2 years now and it took me about a month to adapt... at first I would get easily tired with just walking... polluted air + high altitude is not a good combination.
meimei

Default 05-03-2009, 09:44 PM
>.>;; .. Interesting tags... ...

Thanks guys for the responses :] .. I really appreciate it.
Mokkun
Movie Guru

Default 05-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Never say never, guys. Anything's possible in medicine.

Though, it's not likely you'll get addicted or sick from it, though, you could just end up having really bad genes which make you a bit more susceptible to getting sick from smoking. Teeth discoloration is the least I'd expect.
And the long term effects of smoking are usually around 30+ years depending on how much you smoke.

As for second hand smoking, it's actually worse than smoking yourself.
OwL

Default 05-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimei View Post
>.>;; .. Interesting tags... ...
LMFAO. Get rid of them. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokkun View Post
Never say never, guys. Anything's possible in medicine.

Though, it's not likely you'll get addicted or sick from it, though, you could just end up having really bad genes which make you a bit more susceptible to getting sick from smoking. Teeth discoloration is the least I'd expect.
And the long term effects of smoking are usually around 30+ years depending on how much you smoke.

The doctor's at the house! He would know.
LegatoIX

Default 05-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zestibles View Post
But unless you have asthma, 2nd hand smoke shouldn't really effect you, only if you breathe in heavy does of it at the time.
Actually 2nd hand smoking is much worse than smoking first hand. A teacher once told me (years back, dunno if it was just a casual statement without any real evidence) that every single inhalation of a cigarette will shorten your life by 3 seconds, and every single inhalation of cigarette smoke from a smoker (i.e 2nd hand smoking) shortens your life by 5 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokkun View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa115 View Post
Also, cigarettes have been said (by doctors) to be more harmful to you body than marijuana. So smoking 1 cig a month versus 1 joint are totally different to your body and surprisingly the one that is illegal will do far less damage to you (and may even help you in some things) The main hazards in cigarettes dont come from the actual tobacco but from the products that are added into the filters.
It's probably more harmful in the sense that they actually act as catalysts for diseases such as lung cancer, or actually effectively CAUSING it. Marijuana is smoked for the more intense effects it gives as compared to what tobacco would induce. And since that's a more noticeable and desirable effect which any individual can feel and distinguish, they would of course abuse it more - and abusing it in large doses would take a great toll on the body.
As for "helping," it does. But chances are once it's used to help the certain individual from recovering from a certain disease (though I actually don't know what Marijuana is used for in the medical field), the said individual would probably get an addiction to Marijuana, hence another problem arising.

And as for cigarette not being harmful in small doses, I don't know whether to attest to it or to deny it. Where I live, smoking is very highly discouraged and frowned upon (at least upon people of my age and people whom I've known all my life). If I were to smoke and if my parents were to know, I would be disowned (probably not even joking). Everywhere I go it's always government ads and whatnot about the adverse effects of smoking, etc. As a result of that, I may be biased towards smoking - probably a good thing, too.
But as always, anything taken in superfluous amounts is usually harmful. Something good can always turn bad when in excess.
With the general idea everyone has of smoking being bad, I guess people have come to terms with that thought - that smoking is just bad, no matter in small or big doses. But maybe; just maybe, in small amounts it does nothing to one's health - but people have tried to spread the idea that it's bad just because it causes addiction, which in turn leads to an individual taking more and more of it - and that's when it becomes harmful.

So instead of being too detailed about it and saying it's only harmful when it's taken in large doses, why not counter the problem directly by saying it's harmful all around; be it small or big doses, so people don't start on it in the first place and not get addicted?
hysteriakila420

Default 05-04-2009, 02:46 AM
Alright simple and sweet here cigar smokers actually don't inhale therefore giving tounge/throat cancer. As for getting addicted no. To be quite honest smoking once a month After a few months will be the equivalent of a sugar rush you want it but don't need it to function although in some cases it will become a regular thing and make it hard to quit but that's not addiction it's OCD because you got into a rythme and don't wanna stop. Hope this helped
xKyle
British

Default 05-04-2009, 04:22 AM
On a social note, so whoever tries it doesn't look sad/lame, make sure if you don't take it in no one notices..

It's embarrassing seeing someone smoking, but not taking it in. So if anyone does that, make sure you don't make it obvious, else you'll just get laughed at.
Immoral
Loli Hunter

Default 05-04-2009, 12:14 PM
My mother works as a nurse at a hospital. And every once in a while gets some elderly women around 60-70 years old. They come to the hospital because of problems when they're breathing and whatnot. After a few checkups they find out that they have cancer in any smoking-related bodypart. Lungs, throat, mouth, whatever. Or problems with their heart because of smoking. When they find out they're always surprised, because ... they've never ever in their entire life smoked. Never! So how could this happen?

"well, my husband has been smoking for a long time"

So they're in a hospital with lungcancer, because their husband was stupid enough to smoke. Not only just smoke, but smoke close enough to their wife and as much, that the wife would get cancer from second hand smoke.

There's a reason why it says "Smoking seriously harms you and people in your surroundings" on the packages.
Incere

Default 02-02-2014, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimei View Post
I've been Googling around, but I can't seem to find a really scientific answer to this.. What are the long term health implications of someone who smokes "once a month," and for someone who "doesn't breathe it in"? Can it still get into the lungs (not taking into account second hand smoke from people around you), and will you still get nicotine in your body (Can you still get addicted, or feel the "effects" that come with smoking)?

I'm assuming, that once a month cigarette will for sure affect the mouth and throat? .. I don't know much about smoking, so any input would be appreciated D:

[Serious responses, please.. and no.. I'm not asking because I'm considering it.]

Thanks for your help :3
If you take cigarette for one month you may cant face these types of problems may be. But after a month you will be used to it, so that you can get addicted, that's it.
Immoral
Loli Hunter

Default 02-03-2014, 12:55 AM
This was quite a bump
« Flyff World > World Community > Off-Topic Lounge »

Tags
mei smokes after secks, my tags hahaha, r.j reynolds, shrooms are awsome, smoking gives you cancer