MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > FlyFF Discussions > FlyFF Technical Questions

Notices

Animekraze

Default Let's find a Solution to GameGuard Authentication Error - 03-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Hi everyone, like all of you I also have the problem of GameGuard getting to authenticating then with out any error message I'm back to desktop.
Since I found at least 12+ of the same thread stating this problem and NO working solutions I've decided to make this post so that all of us fellow victims can work together to find a solution.

First of all we need to find factors which are common with all of us.
My flyff installation file is v12 699mb downloaded for ausgamers.
I use Vista, with Sp1 but have uninstalled it in hope of fixing the problem and it does Not work.

My computer specs are top notch with

-4g 1033mhz crosshair ram
-5tb hdd
-3 8800gts 512 g92 in tripple sli
-3.0ghz E8400 intel cpu.

Things which I have tried but did NOT work.

-Reverting back to non service pack on Vista
-Turning off firewall
-I have no antispyware what so ever
-Reinstalling the game for the 100th time
-Installing on different harddrives
-Changing options to everything lowest before launching game
-Deleting gameguard folder or gameguard files eg gameguard.des
-Rebooting
-Retrying up to 30 times in a row
-Tried on another computer I have which have lower specs but also on vista
-Running Hijack this, came up with 0 trojans/injections/virusus & found absolutely nothing bad on my pc

If Anyone has a solution please post it if you don't have a solution then please post any factors which you have in common with me and other ppl so we can figure out what the problem is.

I look forward to your co-operation.
Thx for advance if any solutions are avalible.

Yes No
MeTree

Default 03-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Looks like you did everything you could possibly do to fix it. GG Windows XP? =\ Seems like Vista is not flawless yet, one of the reasons I still refuse to use it. Though the same happened with XP, it was so buggy at its launch and the following year(s).

Yes No
Animekraze

Default 03-27-2009, 04:19 PM
T_T yeah, it used to work before... Xp users also experience same problem so I didnt install dual boot with Xp.

Yes No
ErdeKaiser

Default 03-27-2009, 04:35 PM
I've ran flyff on 2 different versions of vista, before sp1 and after and I've never had a problem launching it. There has to be something specific that is causing this, not just vista being a biotch. However pinpointing it is gonna be neigh impossible. It could be a registry key assiciated with certin background apps causing it. It could be some kind of hardware issue. What sound card do you run? What brand motherboard are you on and what chipset does it have? You said you have no spyware software, what about anti-virus? the only issue I've ever had was with AVG causing a runtime fault because of the real-time scan it does in the background. Switching to Avira solved it for me. Maybe it's a conflict having to do with SLi? Everyone who's had issues needs to post and give their full system specs so we can get a complete picture of the general setup that's causing this.

Yes No
glowstiicks

Default 03-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Download and run the Manual Patch. I had this problem a while back and that seemed to solve it.

~PEACE

Yes No
Animekraze

Default 03-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Alright, I'll run it on my 2nd pc since my primary pc specs have tripple sli Raid & all that hitech stuff which makes it difficult.
heres specs to my 2nd pc.

Intel e8400 3.0ghz cpu
Asus P5K motherboard
2x 2gb 800mhz crosshair ram
8800gts 512mb g92 gfx card x1 Latest nvidia drivers with physx and dx10
500g Baracuda 7.11
Cnet adsl2/2+ router
8mb connection
default sound driver from windows updates which is Realtek HD 6.0.1.5391 audio codec ALC883

Windows Vista with out service pack atm will install it back if I don't find solution.
As for antispyware and antivirus etc
I have never installed any of them cept for hijack this which i installed after flyff was not working to try figure out problem. Only thing I have is what comes with vista which is windows defender & firewall and i've turned firewall off.

Last edited by Animekraze; 03-27-2009 at 06:43 PM.

Yes No
Shinplague

Default 03-27-2009, 07:24 PM
I run windows xp and am receiving the same problem, so i don't think it's a vista problem. And reinstallation and the manual patch seem to have had no effect.

Edit: flyff error log: 2009/ 3/28 15:22:02 character.txt.txt, 3

Last edited by Shinplague; 03-27-2009 at 07:27 PM.

Yes No
Animekraze

Default 03-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Yeah seriously this problem is such a headache.
Well tell us ur computer specs and anything which you may have to offer and see if we can find a like term or something in common.

Yes No
Shinplague

Default 03-27-2009, 09:48 PM
I am currently running a crap acer laptop which you wouldn't think could run anything but has never has a problem with flyff on medium settings before except for the 'Resource is falsified' error.

Xp professional sp2
1.66 ghz t2300 intel :'(
1g ram
all the latest drivers, nvidia and that sorta crap.

Nothing on my pc has changed since flyff was working except that i installed flyff first for the resource error then like 20 more times for this one.

I have clean up the laptop, defragged. Tryed on ubuntu. Keep getting kicked off at the end of gameguard with a white of black screen. And always says the same on the error log. the only thing i have been able to find on character.txt.txt is a reference to it in datasub1.

Yes No
Animekraze

Default 03-27-2009, 11:01 PM
"Keep getting kicked off at the end of gameguard with a white of black screen. And always says the same on the error log. the only thing i have been able to find on character.txt.txt is a reference to it in datasub1. "

Sounds like my problem word for word^

Yes 0 No 1
« Flyff World > FlyFF Discussions > FlyFF Technical Questions »