MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Latest News and Updates > Official eFlyFF Announcements

Notices

Thanatos

Default 03-06-2008, 06:47 AM
They can call themselves whatever they want, the company's still set in American soil and is limited by American timezones. I mean Guild Siege has been happening at what? 2AM? 3AM? For the past 2 years for Europeans and THIS is when people start realizing timezones aren't catered for Europeans? A small event?

O__________O

Last edited by Thanatos; 03-06-2008 at 06:48 AM.
SHFT

Default 03-06-2008, 06:49 AM
I'm pretty sure european player base is just as big as american one.
Thanatos

Default 03-06-2008, 06:51 AM
Okay, so let's say they're equally as big. How are they gonna choose which timezones to go by? Probably by where the company is located and where all their employees work.
Morgawr

Default 03-06-2008, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
Okay, so let's say they're equally as big. How are they gonna choose which timezones to go by? Probably by where the company is located and where all their employees work.
It's not about that.. I don't mind them having events in their timezones but a little event in our timezone wouldn't be THAT bad you know....
Pause4

Default 03-06-2008, 07:03 AM
Quote:
They can call themselves whatever they want, the company's still set in American soil and is limited by American timezones. I mean Guild Siege has been happening at what? 2AM? 3AM? For the past 2 years for Europeans and THIS is when people start realizing timezones aren't catered for Europeans? A small event?
What then do you suggest they do? they are just humans and they are not perfect. I am about 4-5 hours behind the base time they do whatever its called and it makes it difficult for me but I understand that the time zones are hard I have a friend who lives in Japan and she is 14 hours ahead of me and it makes talking to each other next to impossible.
Ali

Default 03-06-2008, 07:40 AM
Sounds alright I guess, though it's not something I would ever participate in.
Elda

Default 03-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Considering that 50% of the players base is from the USA alone (note: Not North America, just the USA), Americans + Canadians (similar time zone) = more than a 50% player base = majority

So yea, they're catering to the majority of the player base.
Skidd

Default 03-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post

O__________O
Na, I think most people already realized that the timezones are made to suit themselves, or mostly the American ones.

Thats why some complained, cause it has always been like that and this one again.

Just cause its always been like this though, doesn't mean it should, does it

Gala could make more of a effort to suit both side of the player base, even though no time will suit everyone, they surely pick the times that wont suit almost everyone from the European side. Most of the time.

Sometimes, there are events that European players can take part.
Not saying all should be, but stop thinking its okay just because they are based in their timezone, it's okay to ignore the rest.
jonno
Psykeeper Of The Year

Default 03-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Good idea, but im not going to bother with it as I am usually useless at this kind of thing lol
Thanatos

Default 03-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Quote:
What then do you suggest they do?
I suggest they do nothing at all, I figured that was obvious by me defending the way the event times are setup for American players by a...you know...American company.
« Flyff World > Latest News and Updates > Official eFlyFF Announcements »