MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Latest News and Updates > Wiki Discussion

Notices

pohser
Flyer Of The SeasonWiki Contributor

Default Weapons / Shorthand Bonuses - 07-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Since I have a few questions about the weapon sections, I figured I might as well make a thread for it! :o

Question 1: I've searched for quite some time, and as far as I can tell none of the level 51 weapons or the level 39 Eclipse Wand actually exist in our version of flyff. Should they be included in with the other existing weapons, or can I pull them out?

Question 2: Most weapons can be bought and/or drop from mobs.. but what about weapons obtained from quests? Where should that information be added in?
Er, and on a related note, on the template page it mentions just changing the stats table on rare weapon pages, but I'm assuming it's safe to pull out the "weapon bought from" section as well :>

Question 3: The two-handed weapon pages have the attack listing on the stats table set up differently from the other weapon pages - which one should be used? I personally think the 2h weapon pages seems tidier~

Question 4: I asked this in the wiki update thread, but I'll ask it here as well:
Is there anyway to tie the information table on the main weapon pages to the information table on the individual weapon pages, so that the attack min-max, npc prices, icons, etc., didn't need to be edited in twice for each weapon?

And that's about it for now! I've been working on the weapons listing for a bit now, almost done with what I can do~ Gonna start working on creating individual weapon pages soon; if there's no set answers to my questions that's okay, I'll just keep at it :)

Edit: Okay I lied, that's not it for now 8D But this last thing relates to more than just weapons!
At the moment, the equipment sections and the weapon sections are often inconsistent with how rare bonuses are written. Sooo, I was thinking, it'd be good to decide on a set way of writing bonuses shorthand?

Here's the way I prefer to write things - how do you guys think they should be written?:

Stats: Int Dex Sta Str
Defense: Def
HP MP FP
Attack Speed: ASPD
Critical Rate/Hit Rate: Crit/Hit
Critical Damage: ADOCH
Damage/Attack: Dmg/Atk
MP/FP Consumption: MP/FP Consume
Decreased Casting Time: In most places it's typed Dmmt, but they changed how they called it in V13.. so should it be DCT now?

Last edited by pohser; 07-23-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Yes No
Tor
I'm Watching You

Default 07-26-2009, 11:12 AM
1) I started using some boxes that you can use for telling users that the page needs fixing up or is considered old. For pages that are old and no longer exist in the game you can use this code

{{Legacy}}

It will output http://www.flyffworld.com/wiki/Template:Legacy The box you see on this page.

2) Good question...maybe it can go in the first edit section. The part of the "== Weapon Name ==" Just include the information in there. And then for related links, we can point to the quest where you get the item.

Quote:
Er, and on a related note, on the template page it mentions just changing the stats table on rare weapon pages, but I'm assuming it's safe to pull out the "weapon bought from" section as well :>
Yes

3) Sorry didn't see the difference other than Attack Min-Max. Which part did you want to change?

4) Yes there's a way. But it could get messy with <noincludes></includes> and the tables. I think if you wanted to do it this way you would have to include the table cell only. for example the tables we use for the rare weapons is like below and we would include this code

</noinclude>|-
|| [[image:Sword.gif]]
|| Lvl. 75
|| [[Sword]]
|| 356-388
|| None
|| ??? Penya<noinclude>

It's probably gonna be hard work though =/ There's like 300+ weapons or something in flyff? Do you guys want to do it this way? Also not sure if it will work...since we have to stack up the includes on the weapon pages...not sure if wikimedia will parse correctly.

5) Yea we should do acronym's. It saves some space. Maybe at the bottom we can include an {{Acronym}} like the {{Legacy}} in all the weapon's and equipment pages.

Yes No
pohser

Default 08-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Ahh, thank you very much for your reply! :D And, err, sorry for.. not.. replying u///u;

1. Alrighty, that makes sense, thank you!~~

2. Mm, since that area usually has a made up story about the weapon, I know I would tend to ignore it when looking up weapons.. as a test, I did the Bravery Sword page and just used a "Weapon Obtained From" section instead of "Weapon Bought/Dropped From" sections; does that seem alright?

3: The difference is, on most pages the weapon attacks are all listed as "atk. #-#," whereas on the 2h-weapon pages they're just listed as "#-#." Since the column is already labeled as "attack," it seems a little redundant to restate "atk" on each one? :o

4: It works, yayyy! 8D Imho, I think it has the potential to be really handy to have the table cells linkable like that, so the weapon pages I've made I've been including the noincludes. If you don't want the noincludes I don't mind taking them off, of course :>

5: Oooh that is a very good idea! :D Would definately save confusion for those not familiar with the acronyms~

Does anyone happen to know what version the job change weapon rewards and the tritium weapons were taken out?
And in what versions each server was added?

Edit: I accidentally made a "Bow of Sprit" page... >///<; is there anyway it can be deleted, or renamed, or something?

Last edited by pohser; 08-12-2009 at 02:20 AM.

Yes No
Tor
I'm Watching You

Default 08-12-2009, 11:59 AM
2) yea makes a lot of sense, should do that from now on. Also I created a template for the upgrades.

http://www.flyffworld.com/wiki/Template:Weapon_Upgrades

Lets use these for new pages that are created. I'll help with changes the other pages that you created already, including the drop and bought from part of the template

3) Okay I agree

4) Seems like it's hard work though don't you think (Actually not really since you'll have to create the pages anyways)? How many have you created already?

5) {{Acronym}} A simple design for now, if you want to change it, I can unprotect it and then you can do whatever you want to it.

Can you move the page for the bow of spirit error? Do you see that options in the page information menu?

Yes No
pohser

Default 08-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Ahh, brilliant, Bow of Sprit successfully changed to Bow of Spirit, thank you!~

2. Will do that then, and nice upgrading template! :D
It looks like it matches the weapon stats table that you have on the Rodney Axe - should the stats tables be changed over to that as well?

4. I've created about 50ish pages with the noincludes in them - the reason I decided to go ahead and put them in, is because it seemed easier to go through and delete the noincludes if you decided you didn't want them rather then to add them if you decided you did want them. So, if you're not happy with them there, I don't mind taking them out at all, and if you're fine with them, it's been no problem creating the pages with them :>

5. Ooh thanks, it looks good! And it looks like you've already unprotected it :o

Edit: Okay, more questions and stuff! XP

I divided up the bow page a bit, does that look alright?
And, about weapons that can become ultimate. As it is right now, their upgrading table would need to include +0, so that the base ultimate attack is shown. If the way I divided up the bow page is alright though, then we can add the base ultimate attack straight onto the stats table instead. Which would you prefer be done?

Last edited by pohser; 08-20-2009 at 01:47 PM.

Yes No
pohser

Default 08-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Double posting here, since it's been a while - I hope that's okay?
Anyway, I've been digging around to find information about the old quest items:
As far as I can tell, the second job change pre-weapons were taken out of the game in v7, as well as the tritium weapons, and the level 15 job change weapons were taken out in v6.
Lawolf, Aibatt, and Mushpoie were all around before v6, so they have all the weapons, and Mia and Glaphan were added before v7, so they have the tritium and pre-weapons.
I joined in v9, so I wouldn't be surprised if I got any of this information wrong - please correct it if it's wrong!
And does anyone know what the mule wand looks like when it's equipped?
Or what version the weapons were added to the game?

Yes No
meimei

Default 08-30-2009, 01:50 PM
No worries of double posting. Bumping threads in here is more than welcome!! .. This area is too quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pohser View Post
I divided up the bow page a bit, does that look alright?
And, about weapons that can become ultimate. As it is right now, their upgrading table would need to include +0, so that the base ultimate attack is shown. If the way I divided up the bow page is alright though, then we can add the base ultimate attack straight onto the stats table instead. Which would you prefer be done?
I liked how you separated stuff.

I don't really have a preference about the stats table; I think the way you showed it in the screenshot works well

Job Change weapons: Yes, they were taken out of the game in v7. They have an NPC look-a-like, and they look just like the corresponding icon. So, Cheer Stick Devotion: looked like the Gale stick... I THINK xD;;; .. It's been a while but I do vaguely remember it being as such.

Also, same with the 2nd job classes. Pre-Shabre or whatever looks like that lvl 85 stick, Qurion Stick

Tritiums are rarer and unique, so they do not have a look alike ]: .. we will need to seek out pservers or perhaps a collecting addict who would have them.

Quote:
And does anyone know what the mule wand looks like when it's equipped?
Or what version the weapons were added to the game?
D: I didn't understand what mule wand meant .. I joined around v5, so I don't know when certain weapons were added.

And.. thanks SOOOO MCH goodness, you added so many screenshots and :OQI#URPO#UROIWEULKJWE:OIUQWPORUQP#R*# @____@

Yes No
pohser

Default 09-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Thank you so much for the input Meimei!~<3
It is indeed quiet here, I'm guessing everyone's gotten busy with rl stuff? ;__;

Since you think it looks alright, then when I have time I'll separate the other weapon pages, and add in the ultimate to the stats table, if Tor doesn't say no :)

So, were the first and second job change weapons both taken out v7 then? That would make more sense; I had only guessed the first job change weapons were taken out in v6 because of these two threads; seeing as you were actually there though (lol, I'm referencing your thread XP), if you remember them being taken out at the same time I'll take your word for it~~

About icons, I'm pretty confident that the bravery sword icon looks like the petal sword, as I've seen two separate screenshots including both the icon and the equipped weapon. The cheer stick, I changed its icon to the plim stick after reading these two posts.

The Mule Wand was the job change weapon for mages, I think? Noone seems to talk about it though >.o

Yes No
meimei

Default 09-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Quote:
So, were the first and second job change weapons both taken out v7 then? That would make more sense; I had only guessed the first job change weapons were taken out in v6 because of these two threads; seeing as you were actually there though (lol, I'm referencing your thread XP), if you remember them being taken out at the same time I'll take your word for it~~
haha.. xD I remember writing that thread. That's pretty funny .. but yeah, I'm pretty sure they got taken out in v7..

Quote:
About icons, I'm pretty confident that the bravery sword icon looks like the petal sword, as I've seen two separate screenshots including both the icon and the equipped weapon. The cheer stick, I changed its icon to the plim stick after reading these two posts.
Yeah.. they're weird. They have like the lvl 15 image, but look like a totally different stick.

Quote:
The Mule Wand was the job change weapon for mages, I think? Noone seems to talk about it though >.o
Dx .. I don't remember. For questions like this, I don't think asking the FW community would be bad !

Yes No
Tor
I'm Watching You

Default 10-08-2009, 06:20 PM
You did a really nice job there Poser. Geeze you did a lot of pages. I was just browsing through them. I noticed some pages have the new tables and some have the old tables. I think you posted above, that we should use the new tables. I agree. I'll create a template for it using one of the pages you already created.

Gonna start on the weapons page. I'm first gonna go ahead and convert the stats table to the new tables. Then I'll help you create new pages.

Yes No
« Flyff World > Latest News and Updates > Wiki Discussion »