Flyff World

Flyff World (http://flyffworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Arts (http://flyffworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   The ultimate photography thread. (http://flyffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105858)

Alexithymia 11-29-2008 10:09 PM

The ultimate photography thread.

8D Yayyyy. I think it'd be nice if there was a thread about this. I'm actually surprised there isn't yet. It'd be nice just to see everyone's views through the lens. :]

You can post photography you haven't actually taken yourself, but a credit to the person would be recommended x:

I guess I'll start off~ :]

All taken by me, btw. x:

AtomicFall 11-29-2008 10:24 PM

Oh my, those are awesome. 8D I love #2 and especially #3...Just that hint of blue in the door is lovely, and the contrast...It's very minimal and I lurve it. Was that Photoshopped to bring out the blue? O:

I don't do a lot of photography 'cause I don't have an awesome camera...:cry: If I wanna take good photos, I have to steal my brother's. V_V So my experiences in photography are few and far between.

But anyway, great idea for a thread. :3 Good photos are just surreal on a whole other level...It surpasses any kind of beautiful painting or sculpture, I think. Not that the other 2 mediums aren't amazing...But photography is just so different somehow.

Alexithymia 11-29-2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomicFall (Post 1684769)
Oh my, those are awesome. 8D I love #2 and especially #3...Just that hint of blue in the door is lovely, and the contrast...It's very minimal and I lurve it. Was that Photoshopped to bring out the blue? O:

I don't do a lot of photography 'cause I don't have an awesome camera...:cry: If I wanna take good photos, I have to steal my brother's. V_V So my experiences in photography are few and far between.

But anyway, great idea for a thread. :3 Good photos are just surreal on a whole other level...It surpasses any kind of beautiful painting or sculpture, I think. Not that the other 2 mediums aren't amazing...But photography is just so different somehow.

Thank you. :3 Yeah, they're all photoshopped. Originally taken in Black and White, then I contrasted them a bit in photoshop, and added the blue.

And I agree, I'm not good at drawing, or painting, or anything, but Art is just so amazing to me. So I went with photography, haha. xD

Good camera's are hard to find actually. :/ What kind does your brother have? Mine's a Nikon. Love love love them. :love:

[Removed.]

AtomicFall 11-29-2008 10:53 PM

Ah, I see. 8D They're still awesome, regardless of the Photoshopping. I'm not really sure what he has...I know it's a Canon but I can't be more specific than that. :cry:

Quote:

I can't believe I forgot this one, I used it as a final project for my art class and got an A on it:

[poof]
Contrasted a bit, probably one of the few color photos I have, haha. xD
Ooooh that's so pritty, I love it. :love: You deserved that A. I'm ashamed to admit I half-assed a lot of my high school photography assignments. :ache: I think I just don't have a knack for it.

Anyway...Before I go to bed, I thought I'd share this one..I like it 'cause it blends photography with graffiti (a passion of mine :love: ). It's off that Opacity website I posted in the other thread:

http://www.opacity.us/images/db/106/166/0000006082.jpg

Taken in an abandoned psychiatric hospital that was recently demolished. A graffiti artist came in and wrote the words, which were taken from (I think) letters written by one of the patients...The story behind them is in the link below but I iz sleepy and will have to postpone my investigation until tomorrow.

http://www.opacity.us/gallery166_wha...le_remains.htm

Alexithymia 11-29-2008 10:58 PM

Oh my, that picture gives me chills. in a good way. :blush:

Mark 11-30-2008 01:32 AM

Mark wants money for the DLSR he wants to get even more now xD i love photography, my m8 Jim got me to start when i was on holiday with him =3 im trying to get a Nikon D40 atm =3

Alexithymia 11-30-2008 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonofchaos (Post 1684853)
Mark wants money for the DLSR he wants to get even more now xD i love photography, my m8 Jim got me to start when i was on holiday with him =3 im trying to get a Nikon D40 atm =3

Ah, the D40's are real nice.:coy: My friend has one. Definitely a great camera.

I have a Nikon SLR. 14 megapixels<3. :coy:
Another recommended camera.

Wizzie 11-30-2008 07:54 AM

I couldn't be more in love than I am right now.

I'm doing photography at uni. I can show you some stuff if you like.

Alexithymia 11-30-2008 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizzie (Post 1685177)
I couldn't be more in love than I am right now.

I'm doing photography at uni. I can show you some stuff if you like.

Oooh~ Only if you'd like. :]
I'm thinking of taking photography at college, and getting an art major. But I'm not quite sure. :[ It's more of something I love to do in my free time.

Wizzie 11-30-2008 08:03 AM

You're good enough to do it and go far, I reckon.

I'm just uploading some of my more recent photographs. I'll post them up in a bit.