MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Class Discussions > The Archery Range

Notices

therazor302

Default Gbow or Hbow - 04-01-2008, 03:57 AM
I've heard all the arguments but I still don't understand which one is better in the long run to have upgraded and +7 and stuff. So if you guys don't mind elaborating it would be greatly appreciated.

here's my bow right now and I was wondering if I should switch at 75 another random question is it worth Awakening? I don't have money for a reversion and don't want to mess it up.

Yes No
LegatoIX

Default 04-01-2008, 04:27 AM
I'd say Historic Bow for a Ranger.
Higher attack rate and although the bonuses aren't much to shout about..they're still more beneficial for a Ranger than the bonuses you might get from a Guardian Bow - assuming you're AoE of course.

But since you already have a Guardian Bow..use it all the way, up to 80. Sell it then, get an Angel Bow and use a Reduction A. You'll be using the Angel Bow forever - typical situation, I mean.

I only recommend awakening the bow if you can afford a Reversion, in case something goes terribly wrong. Otherwise, I would say to not risk it. Yes, you could get good stats on first try, but what can happen will happen. And if you get something very detrimental for your character (negative stats, hp maybe), you're not going to be able to grind well - if you even can, that is. At least have enough for a Reversion as a cushion.

Yes No
therazor302

Default 04-01-2008, 04:34 AM
Yes I am an AOE ranger although I can argue that 1v1's are viable build choice considering their crazy aspd and with gbow 40+crit chance =P

How many Gpotato's is a Reduction A? Also should I make it Ultimate once I get it considering I'll use it to 120

I've had good luck with Awakenings this is the first thing I awakened

But I guess I'll buy some Reversions with the Reduction A and use them on both the A bow and G bow to sell

Yes No
gebakkenvis

Default 04-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Use Hbow if you just plan on leveling as AoE.
I would say Gbow is nicer for PVP. But Hbow is best choice for leveling, dex+10 gives it even more attackrate. I remember doing 200-300 damage with a Hbow+9 then with Gbow+10 more.

And Hbow, i would still use it more then Abow, right untill desert.
Mainly because the damage output is really nice and dex gives more evade/block.
ABow is nice for desert, where you get bigger spawns and where you have to get more HP thanks to rage.

Anyway, for now, i would keep the Gbow especially since it leaves you the option to 1 vs 1, which is nice for mines. Gives you more option to level. Although mine sucks for ranger who 1 vs 1, some exp is better then none.

Yes No
therazor302

Default 04-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Gotya So keep the bow till 75 sell it for a good sum and get a nicely upgraded H bow

Yes No
gebakkenvis

Default 04-01-2008, 02:21 PM
I would do that yeah if you just plan to AoE your way, it doesn't pay off if you get the Abow so soon. Just get a cheap Hbow, there are probably a lot left out since BJ's never use them or hardly anyway. Damage wise, Hbow does more damage then Abow, Abow just gives a nice Hp%.

But if you think about doing mines, just because you have trouble finding FS, i would keep that Gbow. I know i used Hbow at tree's and other times, when guildies wanted to level in mine i would use the Gbow. Gbow made it acceptable for 1 vs 1.

Yes No
meimei

Default 04-01-2008, 06:17 PM
I personally would keep the GBow on hand in case you would like the extra stamina or, as gebakkenvis mentions, for 1v1 (gianting) and PvP purposes.. but that's up to you :x

Reduction A is 600 gpots.. but I would just use the HBow until 90, unless you really can't wait o_o

Yes No
Tor
I'm Watching You

Default 04-01-2008, 07:09 PM
I agree with meimie. I would stay with the gbow till 90. 15% hp and 20% crit is a major bonus. Especially if you are only upgrading to +7. I actually wouldn't even sell that gbow if you don't need to. You can use it for of things.

Yes No
crockslock

Default question - 04-02-2008, 12:39 AM
In Kern server Gbow clean costs about 70mil (which is ridiculously expensive when compared to Lawolf, 25mil(~).

I cant kill CW in my current lvl
So iv'e been told you can make a Gbow.

How?
Where?
What you need for it?
And most important: It'll 100% work?

Yes No
psychorvs

Default 04-02-2008, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crockslock View Post
How?