MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > FlyFF Discussions > FlyFF Technical Questions

Notices

Abaris

Default FlyFF Vista Problem - A white/black screen appears then closes. - 01-17-2008, 07:30 AM
I am sorry if there was a similiar thread here somewhere, but I looked everywhere. Also, hello there everybody.

Alright, I tried reinstalling (but I couldn't find the patch fixer -> every site where it's hosted it either was been removed or something).

Right click on the FlyFF icon -> run as administrator. The patch patches normally -> no errors and I tried 3 times reinstalling it, it patched perfectly. Then I click start and the patches disappears (that is normal) then a black or white (depending, if I put compatibility on Windows XP Service pack 2, it's black. If I put it on Vista NT Service Pack 4 also black. But if I turn off compatibility, the screen is white.) Anyways, so it's white and the mouse icon is like it's loading. But then the screen closes and everything continues working normal, like I never started it.

What is the problem? :O Can someone PRETTY PWEAS help me?

Toshiba Satellite -> Windows Vista Home Basic -> AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 RAM, 2GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 and about 200GB of hard.

Help, please

Yes No
Sno

Default 01-17-2008, 07:35 AM
Actually, your real problem is the Radeon HD 2600. Not Vista. The reason why many people are getting this problem and blaming it on Vista, is because new computers only come with vista, and in most cases Radeon. I believe that Vista is now compatible with Flyff. However, not Radeon. I'm not sure if there is a fix too it; i read somewhere that you need a catalyst driver or something to change something or rather. You will need to search this up on Flyff official forums since they have a thread dedicated to this Radeon issue. I had this problem but I just changed my graphics card to a GeForce 8800 and it's working fine, with Vista.

Yes No
Abaris

Default 01-17-2008, 07:42 AM
Ah, I thought it was Vista, since people still have problems with it. Thank you so much Sno, I'll look around if there is a solution, if not Damn, I'm hook'd on it and it sucks now since I can't play it.

*looks for alternate games similiar to FlyFF* Already playin' Rappelz, have any suggestions Sno?

And thanks a lot once again. I'll survive. I guess *sigh*

Yes No
Sno

Default 01-17-2008, 07:54 AM
Haha, that's what I thought when I tried to play Flyff on my new comp ;~;

You could try Sealonline, or wait for Mabinogi that's coming out on the 28th. There's a thread about it in the rec section.

Good luck with trying to find a fix though!

Yes No
Kazbit

Default 01-17-2008, 12:48 PM
go to http://flyff-forum.gpotato.com/viewt...a76d612cb6eba9 to read all about it

I play Seven Hearts Online in the mean time, it's a lot like flyff, a LOT

Last edited by Kazbit; 01-17-2008 at 12:49 PM. Reason: cuz i can

Yes No
Longknife

Default 01-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno View Post
Actually, your real problem is the Radeon HD 2600. Not Vista. The reason why many people are getting this problem and blaming it on Vista, is because new computers only come with vista, and in most cases Radeon. I believe that Vista is now compatible with Flyff. However, not Radeon. I'm not sure if there is a fix too it; i read somewhere that you need a catalyst driver or something to change something or rather. You will need to search this up on Flyff official forums since they have a thread dedicated to this Radeon issue. I had this problem but I just changed my graphics card to a GeForce 8800 and it's working fine, with Vista.
Hey cool this problem is becoming more known! 8D

Seriously when I looked for why the fuck my comp wouldn't play flyff, it took me a week and only two people actually knew of the problem and cause.

Somehow I doubt a fix is coming soon, though. Dx

Yes No
Sno

Default 01-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longknife View Post
Hey cool this problem is becoming more known! 8D

Seriously when I looked for why the fuck my comp wouldn't play flyff, it took me a week and only two people actually knew of the problem and cause.

Somehow I doubt a fix is coming soon, though. Dx
Yeah Dx Gala said that Aeon are trying to fix it. Going to take awhile Dx

Yes No
krakenskaka

Default 10-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Got the same problem with a GeForce 8800 GT.. and what should I do? <.<

Yes No
soekhoe

Default 10-17-2008, 12:43 PM
I can play Flyff normal.
I have Vista(/emo) and an Radeon. No problems tho.

Do try to update your drivers.

Last edited by soekhoe; 10-17-2008 at 12:48 PM.

Yes No
jonno
Psykeeper Of The Year

Default 10-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koverchenko View Post
If your computer uses CCC (Catalyst Control Center) Uninstall that and your video drivers from "Add/Remove Programs". Install a earlier version of the Catalyst. Right now I am using Version 7.10 to run my ATI Radeon X1650Pro. I had nearly the same problem except instead of just FlyFF crashing, my entire computer crashed, and I am using Xp. Hope this helps.
The only thing is some new computers/laptops (like mine) is compatiable to re-install windows XP.

But ye I look for NVidia graphics cards as there seems to less problems

Yes No
« Flyff World > FlyFF Discussions > FlyFF Technical Questions »