MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > FlyFF Discussions > FlyFF General Discussions

Notices

Phyrro

Default Flyff is dead, long live Pff! - 12-15-2007, 05:39 AM
To me it is obvious that flyff is dead. The game seems to be encouraging new cash shop users to join well enough and the community is not dying. But the game it self is already dead.

New content is thought up according to cash shop profits instead of the enjoyment it can bring. I am sure pk if it comes back will become a cash shop feature also (i.e. require significant cash shopping to be at all enjoyable).

However i will keep playing this game, partly because i can obtain most things from cs that i want with penya and partly because i can't find another mmo i like (what a sorry state mmos must be in... either that or fly has brain washed me x.x)

If i ever do play another mmo it will certainly be p2p because the profit motive there coincides with the motivation for making and updating a good game.

Anyway on to the point, here are some interesting extracts from the game formerly known as Flyff:

Areaket: Provides Entry Into Premium Territory
The irony... in v7 cs hoes paid to get out of jail, in v11 cs hoes will pay to get in.

Scroll of Smelting (High): 100% Upgrade Rate
? confused maybe this is just for gms or something

High Mighty Dice: Used for Shield Piercing: High Success Rate
O.O

Scroll of Return: Returns a character to where it was when the scroll was activated.

Note, flying is now totally out of fashion. Boards and clouds are not selling so well, and besides i mean people get to KEEP a board or cloud.. they only pay once.. WTF is that about. That is just ridiculous, paying for something and actually getting something... that really is not fair to the seller... i mean think about all the costs of making a flying pixel and people getting to keep it... PFF! i mean... ah just PFFT!

Flying is soon going to be only for poor people... and it was never fun.

[b]v11 name change for flyff is being considered. The two candidate names are:[b]

pff!! (pay for fun!)
pfft! (pay for fun, tosser!)

Yes No
MeShuga

Default 12-15-2007, 08:47 AM
Would you rather p2p monthly rather than just having it f2p and with cashop?

Yes No
Sinner
Otaku Of The YearStaff Of The Year

Default 12-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrro View Post

Scroll of Smelting (High): 100% Upgrade Rate
? confused maybe this is just for gms or something

High Mighty Dice: Used for Shield Piercing: High Success Rate
O.O

Scroll of Return: Returns a character to where it was when the scroll was activated.
Heh, a few of us have known about those since the v8 closed beta was held. Although I believe return scrolls were broken back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeShuga View Post
I sure would, at least then you'd get quality game play updates rather than cash shop items each maint.

Yes No
Longknife

Default 12-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeShuga View Post
P2P, and you're a moron if you think F2P with Cash shop is better.

With P2P, the company AT LEAST has to provide good service, and they're also under some legal guidelines.

With F2P they can just do whatever the fuck they want since they're not under any legal guidelines, and they can answer every complaint about how shitty the service is with "HAY U SHULD BE GLAD WE EVEN ALLOW U TO PLAY 4 FREE," and honestly, I think a lot of people end up paying the same god damn amount they'd pay for a P2P game, if not more. Hell F2P is practically a scam.

Even if you absolutely refuse to pay to the cash shop, you have to admit the benefits of P2P, as in, ACTUAL customer service, is worth the money.

Yes No
Lerkurliantamer

Default 12-15-2007, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longknife View Post
Even if you absolutely refuse to pay to the cash shop, you have to admit the benefits of P2P, as in, ACTUAL customer service, is worth the money.
I'd have to agree with that.

Yes No
Doppy

Default 12-15-2007, 09:13 AM
If Flyff actually went p2p and were to make better i'd pay the money

Yes No
Hao

Default 12-15-2007, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppy View Post
If Flyff actually went p2p and were to make better i'd pay the money
Well it depends in my view... I'd give them a year or so to see if things actually improve, then I might pay. Because they could go p2p and keep producing crap, too.

Yes No
Senel

Default 12-15-2007, 10:47 AM
The risks of going F2P I guess. P2P may make you pay, but the benefits are enormous compared to anything you'll find in F2P

Yes No
Koejak

Default 12-15-2007, 10:48 AM
I'm confused Phy, you were saying pretty much the opposite yesterday.
'For once in a long time I feel like flyff is going somewhere'
o_o?

Yes No
Shirayuki

Default 12-15-2007, 10:49 AM
I'd rather just have it F2P.

And no, I'm not a moron, Longknife.

Last edited by Shirayuki; 12-15-2007 at 10:50 AM.

Yes No
« Flyff World > FlyFF Discussions > FlyFF General Discussions »