MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Class Discussions > The Arcanum

Notices

Golliath

Default 10-26-2005, 01:13 PM
Alright so you wana be a magician? Well I have nothing else better to do for the next 15 minutes, so Ill try to help you out )

So you wana be a mage huh?

First of all the basics:

Magicians are *abviously* Magic users, meaning they need to be smart. Therefore most (or lal, if your an advanced with the game player) your points should be in Int. Int raises your magic attack and also raises your magical defence when a monster out there seems to be smarter than you think )

Next...

Paths:

Theres 2 paths for a magician. Psykeeper and Elementer. Psykeepers focus on things such as tapping into the monsters mind to lower their defence, or hurt them, pretty much, on the inside.
Ive never been a psykeeper, but alot of people say that they are fun to play. Also, when you turn into a psykeeper you get to float around instead of walking which is sooo kool in my opinion ^_^ EDIT:Psykeepers get AoE skills also just not as strong or far ranged as elementors. Thanks to Luri for this info

An elementer on the other hand has spells which are very strong. Also elementers have what are called AoE or Area of Effect spells. Meaning that, if there is a group of monsters in one spot, when you hit one with 1 spell the rest around or by it will get hit also. This is helpfull when there is a huge amount of monsters you wana get rid of quickly.

Item Wise:

Well once you turn into one of your two jobs you come across an item restriction. Simply put... Psykeepers need to use wands and shields in order to be able to use their skills, while respectively, Elementors need to be using staffs..

Personally, when I was a mage I stuck to using staffs so I can get used to them for when I turned into an elementor =P But its your choice, until of course, you change to your second job =)

Skill wise:

As a mage you come across all these skills and you think "Do I need them all, or do I focus on one??? These are so many friggin skills?!" Or my favourite one: *stare* ... *stare more* "Wtf?!?!"

Answer is simple - YOU NEED THEM ALL!

As you start you will only have the skills called mental strike. It is advisable to get that to level 10. It makes leveling alot easier for your first few levels.

Next you will get your first 5 elemental spells starting at lvl 18 and 20. All you need to do is get them to the required level in order to get your next set of 5 skills later on.

EX. At level 20 you get sword wind, well you would only need to get that to level 5 in order to be able to get Wind cutter later on.

mainly, until level 60 where you will be turning into your next job, try to max all your level 30 skills and get mental strike a little higher.

As for stats:

People always debate on stats. Some say 'Go full Int' some say 'put some sta'
This is from personal experience, having known a few ele's and psy's myself... 5 sta and the rest int if you're going to turn Psy, and 1 STA every 10 INT if you're going to turn Ele.
This is because Psy's have reflective (shielding) skills, and they use shields. While Ele's need to be using staffs, making them more volnurable.

MINOR WARNING

If you go full INT you have a very high chance of dieing extremely quickly when killing monsters 2+ levels from your own.

~*NOTE*~
Check the requirements for each 2nd job to see what spells you will need to have at any certain level.

Well guys, I tried to help in these short 15 minutes :P HOPE I MADE A DIFFERENCE!

Enjoy!

*cant wait till FlyFF starts up again ^_^*

Yes No
Immoral
Loli Hunter

Default 10-26-2005, 01:59 PM
nice guide. It will probably get usefull for noobs XD

Yes No
Noelle

Default 10-26-2005, 02:30 PM
You forgot to mention the fact that mage is pain to level fast if you don't have a friend to bum money from. Mana potions cost more than you earn.
Playing mage requires the luck of getting good wanted drops for sale and good drops you can use.

Yes No
Golliath

Default 10-26-2005, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Noelle@Oct 26 2005, 10:30 PM
You forgot to mention the fact that mage is pain to level fast if you don't have a friend to bum money from. Mana potions cost more than you earn.
Playing mage requires the luck of getting good wanted drops for sale and good drops you can use.
Eh, it didnt for me though o.O...

I duno, I just try to help :P

Yes No
Golliath

Default 10-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ImmoralSister@Oct 26 2005, 09:59 PM
nice guide. It will probably get usefull for noobs XD
Thank you ^^

I was aiming for the new people crowd so I guess I did a good job lol.

Thanks again ^^

-G

Yes No
Luri

Default 10-26-2005, 05:33 PM
Just to add, all 2nd job classes gets AoE skills at lvl 65. Which means Psykeepers have AoE skill too.

Yes No
Golliath

Default 10-26-2005, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Luri@Oct 27 2005, 01:33 AM
Just to add, all 2nd job classes gets AoE skills at lvl 65. Which means Psykeepers have AoE skill too.
thank you I'll add that ^^

-G

Yes No
Deadheaven

Default 10-26-2005, 11:04 PM
Nice just job, ya know what it would be super helpful if you added a couple of build ratio's ^^

Yes No
Golliath

Default 10-27-2005, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Deadheaven@Oct 27 2005, 07:04 AM
Nice just job, ya know what it would be super helpful if you added a couple of build ratio's ^^
Thanks, I'll work on that now ^_^

Yes No
tayce

Default 10-27-2005, 06:45 PM
Ok so your saying I just add 5 more points to sta and the rest int if I want to be a psykeeper?

Yes No
« Flyff World > Class Discussions > The Arcanum »