MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Class Discussions > The Arcanum > Stats & Skills Build Questions

Notices

RX121-1

Default Magician>Psykeeper Skill Build Question - 04-22-2007, 11:43 AM
sup peeps...i'm new to this forum site and i've been doing some research on a psykeeper build because i'm bored to death with my lvl 31 mercenary>blade, and after reading some psykeeper build guides, i'll be making a satan psykeeper. i think i got the stats down:

Magician to Psykeeper:

STR - 15

STA - 35

DEX - 15

INT - the rest

Psykeeper:

STR - 15

STA - 40

DEX - 15

INT - the rest

but i was wondering, when lvling from 15-60, what skills points should i focus on? all i know is to max out mental strike in the very beginning, and someone said about ice missles? what else should i distribute my points in, for my quest to become a psykeeper?
FlashOfChaos

Default 04-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Psykeepers only need level 10 Mental Strike as their prerequisite for 60 and up skills. The other skills can be tampered with as much as you'd like, because it doesn't matter in the end. You'll rely mainly on Demonology, Psychic Bomb, and Spirit Bomb at 60/65+ anyways, making your mage skills useless(Besides Blinkpool, that is).

I'd just recommend going two elements just so you'll have maximum damage and still have enough points to put into your Psykeeper skills. I've did a bit of calculation, and it turns out after this update, you can have the following skills:

Level 10 Mental Strike(Prerequisite)
Level 5 <Fire Boomerang, Sword Wind> or <Ice Missile, Lightning Ball>(Prerequisites for next set of elements)
Level 7 <Hot Air, Strong Wind> or <Water Ball, Lightning Palm>(Prerequisites of next set of elements)
Level 20 <Fire Strike, Wind Cutter> or <Spring Water, Lightning Shock> Your leveling skills for 30 -> 60.
Level 20 Blinkpool (Optional, but you have extra points, so why not?)

With this build, you'll maximize your damage to as high as possible after you hit 30. You'll be forced to rely on Mental Strike until then, however, due to the fact that your prerequisites wouldn't deal as much damage.

Also, do not add any extra skills to the above build if you plan to use it, because it stretches out your SP quite harshly already. You won't be crying for SP because it'll be just enough, but don't overuse it, as your Psy skills consume 3 SP a level.

I also suggest relying on your Psychic Bomb skill for training purposes after you get it. Even without any elements, it will still do a lot more damage than your Wind Cutter or Lightning Shock, and it stuns. Demonology, as people say, deals a tiny insignificant bit more damage than PB, casts a little faster, but doesn't stun. Choose as you'd like.
Got lazy and didn't feel like browsing threads for god knows how many similar skill builds. Then again, asking this kind of question isn't even necessary if people used the search option.

Either stick with two elements, don't bother with max ice yet, unless you plan to AoE at around 7x, or level any element you want as you go along. Duo elements = faster leveling due to higher damage, but you're forced to kill certain mobs, not all of them as you'd like. It takes less SP to master two elements, 10(NOT MAX) Mental Strike, and Blinkpool, than it is to get max Mental Strike, Blinkpool, and add any elements you wish.
FatalCurse

Default 04-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Some people do max Mental Strike to save points for who knows what. It's less effective than elemental skills, but you can use it agaisnt pretty much anything. Also, since you will have a lot of Int, you'll still do much damage.
RX121-1

Default 04-25-2007, 07:29 PM
thanks for the replies guys and for all the help
Intoxicated

Default 04-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalCurse View Post
Some people do max Mental Strike to save points for who knows what. It's less effective than elemental skills, but you can use it agaisnt pretty much anything. Also, since you will have a lot of Int, you'll still do much damage.
Only max mental strike if you don't have a reskill.

Sometimes I see 5x mages spamming max mental strike and I laugh at their crap damage.. =x
I've seen 5x mages doing maxed mental on nutties and they do like 1.5k damage at the most.
I recently made a psykeeper (my second mage class) and I did 1.9k to 2k+ damage on those nutties with a level 12 lightning (the last tier.. forget it's specific name). And I only had 50 INT.

So yeah... Elements > Mental strike
Not to mention mental strike is a level 15 skill.

Edit;;
If you DON'T have a reskill, sadly your only option is to max mental.
Otherwise I kept mine at 5 then reskilled at 60 and put it to 10..

Last edited by Intoxicated; 04-25-2007 at 07:35 PM.
OhMyGodImOnFire

Default 04-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Those are all pretty good builds, but I would like to challenge Intoxicated's theory. It's better to max out mental strike at first, because 1) When you are below level 30, you won't have enough points to distribute among the elemental skills, and make them all better than mental strike. 2) Because of that, there is no better skill than Mental Stike. I hope I put up a decent arguement? O_o
Intoxicated

Default 04-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyGodImOnFire View Post
Those are all pretty good builds, but I would like to challenge Intoxicated's theory. It's better to max out mental strike at first, because 1) When you are below level 30, you won't have enough points to distribute among the elemental skills, and make them all better than mental strike. 2) Because of that, there is no better skill than Mental Stike. I hope I put up a decent arguement? O_o
I found it easy to do it my method on my second mage.
(My ele was lucky to do it prev7 =x)
And pre-v7 mages didn't have maxed mental and still killed mobs fast.
You're just wasting points by adding it into mental strike and you will eventually get enough points that the last tier of spells will be levels 14+ by the time you're in your 5x (assuming you only put in the minimum requirements for the ones before and didn't waste points in looting or blinkpool).
Below level 30 is fast grinding anyway. I'd prefer to get prepared for the longer grind at 50+. And anyway, below that level when you have maxed anything, you have so little MP you'll be spamming refs like crazy anyway.
I'm thinking long term consequences xD

At 59 I maxed out my wind spell and tanked captain cranes and killed faster than INT builds with maxed mental =x

*Shrugs* It's just my personal preference
DistractedMoose

Talking 07-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Ok, what I did is put Mental Sign to 5, the lvl 18 and 20 skills to 5, the lvl 25 skills to 7, then I just started working on maxing out the lvl 30 skills... and that build is good. I'm a Satanology Psykeeper and I have the same build, just I put my sta at 50 for a little extra Hp and defence... oh, and when you become a psykeeper use your re-skill from lvl 15 (if you still have it), then put Demonology at lvl 3 (you dont really need it) so you can get Satanology at level 65 (I maxed Satanology) and use Psychic Bomb till level 65 then use Spirit bomb from lvl 65+...
Blademan5

Default 07-29-2008, 10:19 PM
If you have a reskill it really doesn't matter you will probably end up restating once you hit 65
pkTanker

Default 09-02-2008, 08:00 PM
honestly i simply max my mental strike and then max wind (since there are many many many earth monsters). if you are relatively smart...slip your reskill into your bag and dont even look at it until you become at least level 70. that will solve any problems that you may have made along the way.
« Flyff World > Class Discussions > The Arcanum > Stats & Skills Build Questions »