MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Class Discussions > The Barracks > Stats & Skills Build Questions

Notices

Tenko
Robot Of The Year

Default Knights 101 - 10-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Knights 101
No Blades allowed. : (

NOT UPDATED FOR VERSION 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, OR ANY FUTURE VERSIONS OF FLYFF
SOME INFORMATION IS OUTDATED, PARTICULARLY SKILLS AND LEVELING AFTER 105

What is a Knight? A Knight is one of two possible second jobs for a Mercenary. They specialize in tanking and AOEing mobs (killing many at once). If that doesn't appeal to you, I suggest you become a Blade instead.

Who am I? I'm Professor Tenko, duh.

Now let's get started.

Let's review some definitions:
Melee - Attacking an enemy without skills
1v1 - Attacking a single enemy instead of AOEing
AOE - Area of Effect: Gathering mobs and using a skill that hits them all at once
SF - Spiriture Fortune: RM buff that adds to your attack rating
GT - Geburah Tiphreth: RM buff that adds ASPD and attack rating
HC - Holycross: RM skill that doubles the damage the next hit on the target does
See other RM skills here and Assist skills here.
Swordcross - A Knight's own version of Holycross that isn't actually casted, but randomly comes into effect when attacking with a two handed weapon. Works with both skills and melee. Does not stack with Holycross.
Splmash and Keenwheel - Two Merc skills that require the action slot. They land multiple hits on an enemy.
Sneaker - A Merc skill that lowers the ASPD and movement speed of the enemy
Imp - Impower Weapon: A Merc self buff that magnifies the elemental property of your weapon
Sword/Axe Mastery: Two Merc self buffs that raises your attack rating and requires their respective weapon to be equiped
Blazing Sword: A Merc sword self buff that raises your attack rating and accuracy
Smite Axe: A Merc axe self buff that raises your attack rating and defense
See other Mercenary skills here.
Power Stump - A Knight's main AOE skill. Its range is circular, is self targetted, and has up to a 15% chance to stun
Pain Dealer - A Knight axe skill that attacks one enemy and lowers their defense
Rage - A Knight's self buff that raises attack and HP while lowering defense and accuracy
Pain Reflection - A Knight self buff that reflects up to 50% of the damage taken upon the damage dealer
Power Swing - A Knight AOE skill that uses either weapon. It pushes back the enemes and has a 10 second cooldown
See other Knight skills here.
Cooldown - A period of time you have to wait before using a skill/food item again
Accuracy - Your hit rate, or how often you don't miss
Evasion - How often you evade, or make your enemy miss you
Block rate - How often you block an enemy's attack for minimal damage
ASPD - Attack speed: How fast you attack
Crit Rate - How often you make a critical attack
Critical attack - A melee attack that deals more damage than usual and may knock the enemy back
STR - Strength: Raises a Merc's attack
STA - Stamina: Raises a Merc's max HP, max FP, HP and FP recovery rate, and defense
DEX - Dexterity: Raises a Merc's accuracy, evasion, block rate, ASPD, and crit rate
Restat - A Cash Shop item that resets your stats. It costs 2000 Gpotatos.

There are 4 stages to being a Knight:

1. Merc-hood (Level 15-60)
2. Newby Knight (Level 60-64)
3. AOE Knight (Level 65-88/90)
4. 1v1 Knight (Level 88/90-~)

In each section, I'll provide stat builds, weapon and armor suggestions, and general advice. I tend to ramble and be thorough, so sorry in advance.

1. Merc-hood (Level 15-60)

So you just turned 15 and you're now a new Mercenary. Grats.

But you have no idea where to put all those stat points? You have two choices:
  • Go with a Blade build until level 65 and then Restat to a Knight build.
  • Start your Knight build now.

Note that at level 65, you'll be the same either way. This is just about the method to get to 65. To help you decide the route to take, here are pros and cons of each:

Blade build and then Restat
  • Pros:
    • Fastest way to get to 65
    • Cheaper leveling
  • Cons:
    • You'll have to pay a ton of money for a Restat
    • Your Splmash and Keenwheel will suck, so you'll probably spam Power Stump on giants as a Knight, which could get you ks'd
    • If you use swords, your axe buffs will most likely be lower leveled
Knight build
  • Pros:
    • You won't have to Restat
    • Your Splmash and Keenwheel will be strong, which will be good for giant hunting
  • Cons:
    • More expensive leveling as you'll be using tons of FP pots
    • Slower leveling

You might be wondering if the cheapness of leveling with a Blade build will make up for the cost of a Restat (and if the fact that you won't have to buy a Restat if you're a Knight build will make up for the expensiveness of leveling). The answer is no. The amount of money you'll spend as a Mercenary (with either build) will be nothing compared to the cost of a Restat, which are hella expensive (40m+ in Lawolf and 30-40m in Mushpoie as of this post). They cost 2000 Gpotatos if you don't mind paying real money.

Now onto the builds themselves.

Blade Build

You'll be meleeing. Don't bother using attack skills. You can use either swords or axes. Doesn't really matter, though many go with swords because Blazing Sword raises accuracy and they just look cooler. Whichever weapon you pick, level the associated buffs (Blazing Sword and Sword Mastery for swords, for example).

You should fight mobs higher leveled than you, but not too much higher. It's up to you to find what mobs give you the most EXP per time. Just don't fight mobs below your level. That's just pathetic and embarrassing.

Cap STA at 40-50, cap DEX at 67-80, and put the rest into STR.

At level 15, you can get away with having only 15-20 STA. Give yourself mostly DEX at this point.

By level 30, you should have 30ish STA, 40-50 DEX, and the rest in STR.

By level 45, you should be nearing your STA cap and getting closer to your DEX cap. You might want to get yourself a Panggril set and/or a SOSS, though you might want to save your money for the Restat. Up to you. It's also a good idea to start partying more, as it will help you level faster.

By level 60, you should have reached your STA cap and DEX cap.

Knight Build

You'll be spamming skills, namely Splmash and Keenwheel. Put one Splmash and one Keenwheel in the action slot. You will be able to spam that many times before the action slot cooldown gets too high. When that happens, just use some other skill, melee, or whatever until you can use the action slot again.

Don't bother meleeing, since you'll just miss miss miss. I suggest you use axes, since they have higher attack, and you can focus on just Smite Axe and Axe Mastery, which you will use through your AOE days.

You should fight mobs higher leveled than you, but not too much higher. It's up to you to find what mobs give you the most EXP per time. Just don't fight mobs below your level. That's just pathetic and embarrassing.

Cap DEX at 15, lol. Don't touch it.

There are several different Knight builds.

A Knight build is just a balance of STA and STR. You could go full STA for extreme tanking, some capped STR and rest STA, or a decent amount of capped STA and rest STR. I recommend either of the last two.

Capping STR, rest STA:
If you cap STR (at say 30-60) and put the rest in STA, you can solo pretty well. That's okay through level 6x, but once you start getting to 7x, you'll start crying at the low EXP from soloing, and you'll start partying with RMs. Once that happens, I suggest you cap STA and uncap STR.
-->For this build, I suggest you add STA and STR until you reach your desired STR. Then add STA for the rest of your life.

Capping STA, rest STR:
If you raise STA to a decent amount (100-120), cap it, and put the rest in STR, you'll kill faster with a healer than the previous build. Party EXP + fast kills = yay. Downside is that you'll be depending on RMs.
-->For this build, add STA and STR however you want to get to your goal. Just make sure you have enough STA to AOE at 65 (say 100+).

2. Newby Knight (Level 60-64)

Grats on 60. Find a second job change guide here.

Play around with your new skills, buy yourself some armor if you want. Get Pain Dealer to level 4 by the time you're 65, since it's a requirement for Power Stump, your AOE.

You can also start AFK training now. AFK training is when you put a weight down on a hotkey to spam a skill over and over. Your FP regenerates over time, so you'll cast the skill every few seconds. You can do this at any level, but PXP runs out too fast at lower levels to make any more useful than AFK training while you shower or something. Now you can AFK train for a somewhat longer period of time. I suggest you AFK train Guard as soon as you get it at level 62. It has a 10 second cooldown which makes it a pain to level.

If you have a Knight build, you can swap your one handed weapons for the new two handed weapons. You'll still be spamming Splmash and Keenwheel just like before, though. Plow your way to 65 and move on to the next chapter.

If you have a Blade build, continue to melee. You'll probably notice that your ASPD has decreased after you changed your job. Knights get less ASPD from DEX than any other class, first job or second. Even Vagrants and Mages get better ASPD per DEX. This is why you're sticking to one handed weapons until you get your AOE, so put away those new two handed weapons for now. It is more important now than ever before that you party, especially with FS Assists.

Start saving your money. Go giant like mad. Giftbox and Fortune Circle help, but aren't totally necessary, since the lower 6x giants are pretty decent. NPC the common drops that no one buys and try to sell the suits and other less common stuff. Hope you get some greens to sell. Once you amass enough Penya, get yourself a Restat.

Eventually you'll reach the fabled level and you'll have your Restat. Go to the next stage.

3. AOE Knight (Level 65-88/90)

Yayayayayayayayayayayay. You finally, FINALLY have your AOE. Time to go nuts, but don't get greedy with the mobs.

If you are already a Knight build, gogo have fun.

If you are a Blade build, it's time to use that Restat. Look at the Knight builds earlier in the guide for advice.

Thanat0s has written a guide for 65-78 Knights. You can find it here. I wasn't quite as conservative when I was leveling, though. I was fighting mobs a bit more higher leveled than me, but it's a good guide no matter your build.

I suggest you pierce your suits with defense, HP, or attack.

Spam Splmash and Keenwheel on giants. If yours are low leveled (probably so if you had a Blade build) you might decide to spam Power Stump instead. People can ks you when you use that, though, so watch it.

Giant Fish and Mong are pretty crappy giants, but Giant Carrierbomb will spew droppings all over you. Abuse it while you can. This is an excellent giant (as you can probably tell from the campers). Giant Hoppre and Mush are okay...Giant Iren is a bit better. Giant Wang also has a decent drop rate, and it doesn't heal. Giant Tree has a pretty good drop rate, but has massive heal.

Once you reach the upper 7x, you will go into the Mines to AOE Roaches. You'll be there until 88. Most Knights 1v1 at 88+, so the Roaches will probably be the last mob you'll AOE. Because of that, once you can tank the whole spawn, you won't need anymore STA. From then on, add STR. This applies to all Knights.

By the time you enter the Mines, you should be partying with RMs all the time, and I will assume you are.

There are two Roach spawns: Blue Roaches (smaller spawn, but less crowded, wind element) and Pink Roaches (larger spawn, but crowded to hell, fire element). I suggest you have both a water suit and a fire suit. And bring pills.

Blue Roaches is a good place to start out because of the smaller spawn. Have your RM stand near the entrance the entire time. He/She doesn't have the STA and defense like you, and can easily die from the plentiful aggros. Trying to chase your RM around to get aggros off him/her while keeping yourself alive is not what you want to happen.

Your job is to go gather the Roaches on your own, and bring them back to your RM at the entrance. Cast Guard if you need to (you probably will need to at lower levels) and proceed to AOE. When you feel you are comfortable enough, you can start opening the little eggs which contains larva. Power Swing can be a lifesaver sometimes. Try it out.

Eventually, you'll probably get bored of the limited Blue Roach spawn, and you'll want to AOE the Pinkies. Here, it is extremely crowded, and can be hard to get a spawn. Some camp the spawn, waiting for the moment it is free. Others just invade and claim it as their own. It is a place of drama, and you'll probably quickly get tired of it. But it's great EXP so weeee.

Once you've got yourself a Pinky spawn, either by luck or through other means, have your RM stand near the center or close to the wall out of the way of aggros. Like in the Blues spawn, you will go around the room gathering up the Roaches and go back to your RM for some sexual healing. Again, Power Swing when you're in trouble, and open the little eggs when you're confident enough.

If you can't get yourself a Pinky spawn, go try Blues. If that is full too, you can always AOE Trees. They're earth, but pretty easy to kill. Spawn is nice too.

Roaches are 87, so you should be done with them at 88. Some like to continue to AOE there until 90, but the EXP really goes downhill at 88-90 since your level is above the mob's.

4. 1v1 Knight (Level 88/90-~)

Now, you don't HAVE to Restat to 1v1, but there are several reasons why most Knights do.
  • Spawns are crowded. This mostly pertains to Glaphs. It is the last mob in the game right now, so it's hard to get yourself a spawn, and AOEing them isn't really worth it unless you can AOE both the normal and small spawns together.
  • Tired of AOEing. You might be too.
  • Knights look funny swinging those big weapons around. Tee hee.
  • You can level faster if built right.

If you really want to stick to AOEing, get yourself an earth suit and start with Small/Normal Shus in the northern half of the spawn and the Captains in the southern half. Then at 90 or so, move on to Normal and Small Kerns. You can use your old water suit here, or get yourself a new one. At 92 or so, put on your fire suit (new or old, probably want a new one) and AOE Normal and Small Glaphs. Have fun trying to keep your spawns.

With that out of the way, let's start talking about 1v1ing.

If you haven't been using it yet, now is a good time to use my Tools to help you make your builds.

I suggest you make your set +8. The bonuses are great, and it's relatively easy to get to. If you really want to, you can get your set to +10. I will assume you will have a +8 set for the purposes of this guide. Pierce your suit with Thunder for attack.

Get your self-buffs maxed if they aren't already. AFK them. Reskill maybe. Max Impower Weapon first. If you're using swords, max Blazing Sword ASAP too. When upgrading your weapon, go for element first, since Impower Weapon is based on a percent.

Now let's talk builds.

First, how much STA do we need? 15 is all you really need. Going solo is now out of the question since you need Haste and GT, among other things. More often than not, 75+ RMs have maxed Heap Up, which gives 40 STA, giving you a total of 55. Add to that Protect and the high defense of your armor, and you can 1v1 mobs easily without dying. Yes, you can also tank giants. I was able to kill Giant Luia (KFC, level 95) at 88 with plugs, albeit with some deaths. I suggest you giant hunt when you have 0% EXP.

Now, let's go back in time a few months. Pretend there are no set items or green weapons. Which is better: two handed swords, or two handed axes?

Let's compare attack rating. Let's give a level 90 Knight with 220 STR a Gootnizer (level 90 two handed sword) and an Orcanition (level 90 two handed axe).

Gootnizer+0 (level 90 two handed sword with 220 STR)
Attack: 323 ~ 326
Attack rating: 1681

Orcanition+0 (level 90 two handed axe with 220 STR)
Attack: 327 ~ 336
Attack rating: 1906

That's a large difference. What if they're both +10?

Gootnizer+10 (level 90 two handed sword with 220 STR)
Attack rating: 2116
Difference between +10 and +0: 435

Orcanition+10 (level 90 two handed axe with 220 STR)
Attack rating: 2395
Difference between +10 and +0: 489

Axes give more attack per STR than swords, and upgrading them only widens the gap. Swords give 4.5 attack per STR at +0 while axes give 5.5. At +10, swords give 5.58 and axes give 6.82.

Now let's compare ASPD and DEX breaks. This includes level 20 Haste and level 10 GT.

Two handed sword DEX breaks with level 20 Haste and level 10 GT:
15 DEX - 82.8652%
19 DEX - 86.92855%
91 DEX - 91.61535%
162 DEX - 96.41665%
233 DEX - 100%

Two handed axe DEX breaks with level 20 Haste and level 10 GT:
15 DEX - 82.8652%
23 DEX - 86.92855%
106 DEX - 91.61535%
189 DEX - 96.41665%
273 DEX - 100%

Seems swords have the advantage here. The DEX breaks occur sooner with swords than axes, but with any decent Cannonball, you will reach 87% regardless of which weapon you use. Look closer at those percents. 87% with 19/23 DEX and 92% with 91/106 DEX. That's a lot of DEX and not much progress. Does it seem worth it to you? I imagine your answer is no.

Let's only have enough DEX for accuracy then. Let's find the least amount of DEX we need using the Accuracy Calculator (see Tools Guide on how to use it). For an example, let's say there's a level 90 Knight wanting to fight Normal Kerns, which are level 100 with 128 Flee (10 levels above you is about as high as you'll ever go). He has a +8 set giving him 30% accuracy and +2 to all stats. His RM has max Cannonball and max Accuracy, giving him +20 DEX and 20% accuracy. That's a total of 22 extra DEX and 50% accuracy. 15 DEX + 22 DEX = 37 DEX. The calculator says 80% accuracy. If he's using a sword and has max Blazing Sword (+10% accuracy), he would have 90% accuracy.

So now we gradually increase DEX until we get to 96%, which is as high as it goes. It seems that in this example, max accuracy will take 66 total DEX without Blazing Sword, which is 44 base, and 46 total DEX with Blazing Sword, which is 24 base.

That's a 20 DEX difference. As you know, axes have a higher attack than swords. Does it make up for the 20 more DEX you need to reach max accuracy? Let's reuse the level 90 Knight with 220 STR, but this time he takes points away from STR and adds them to DEX depending on his weapon.

Gootnizer+0 (level 90 two handed sword with 211 STR and 24 base DEX)
Attack rating: 1640
Difference between +0 with 220 STR and +0 with 211 STR: 41

Orcanition+0 (level 90 two handed axe with 191 STR and 44 base DEX)
Attack rating: 1746
Difference between +0 with 220 STR and +0 with 191 STR: 160

Gootnizer+10 (level 90 two handed sword with 211 STR)
Attack rating: 2065
Difference between +10 with 220 STR and +10 with 211 STR: 51
Difference between +0 with 211 STR and +10 with 211 STR: 425

Orcanition+10 (level 90 two handed axe with 191 STR)
Attack rating: 2197
Difference between +10 with 220 STR and +10 with 191 STR: 198
Difference between +0 with 211 STR and +10 with 211 STR: 451

This means that axes still pull through, though the 20 lower STR hurts it.

Now let's bring back those green items. We have all this stuff that increases accuracy, ASPD, crit rate, crit damage, and other fun stuff. This gives us a lot of options. Here is a list of the 60+ set items, straight out of my guide. I'll only include the male sets since both male and female are the same.

Knight Weapons
Level 60 Mercenary Male - Recorn Set
Level 75 Knight Male - Warpon Set
Level 90 Knight Male - Wees Set
Level 105 Knight Male - Ectro Set

The notables are:
Historic Ambidextrous Ax (75)
Angels Ambidextrous Ax (90)
Historic Big Sword (75)
Angels Big Sword (90)
Legendary Golden Big Sword (105)
Recorn/Rescorn Set (60)
Warpon/Warspon Set (75)
Ectro/Extro Set (105)

For now, let's not concern ourselves with the 105 weapons and armors, since we're more worried about getting to 105 than what we'll be wearing at that point.

You may be wondering whether we should consider the lower level sets, particularly Recorn/Rescorn since their defense is so low. It's true that you certainly won't have it as easy surviving, but it is still managable. Even boss hunting is possible wearing a +8 Recorn/Rescorn set if you have a good RM and a good Sneaker, though I would stick with giants close to my level if I were you. Recorn/Rescorn also adds 15% of your total HP, which helps.

Because we're trying to maximize attack, let's try to "fill in the gaps" (accuracy and ASPD) of our build with armor so we can use the strongest weapons possible.
The Recorn/Rescorn Set (60) adds 20% ASPD and 15% HP.
The Warpon/Warspon Set (75) adds 15% accuracy and 15% crit rate.

Let's bring back that Knight from the example and make him full STR. He has 15 base DEX, for 37 DEX total, 87% ASPD with max Haste and GT, and 80% or 90% accuracy depending on whether or not he has Blazing Sword on.
Wearing a +8 Warpon/Warspon set would give him 95% or 96% accuracy. Pretty nice. However, he still has 87% ASPD. Bummer.
Wearing a +8 Recorn/Rescorn Set would give him 100% ASPD. Pretty nifty. However, he still has 80%/90% accuracy. Not cool.

Well, let's keep this in mind and move on to weapons.
Historic Ambidextrous Ax (75) adds 10% ASPD and 20% accuracy with 325~334 attack.
Angels Ambidextrous Ax (90) adds 10 STR and 10% crit rate with 387~395 attack.
Historic Big Sword (75) adds 15% accuracy and 10% ASPD with 321~324 attack.
Angels Big Sword (90) adds 10 DEX and 35% crit damage with 380~382 attack.

Let's say our Knight is wearing a +8 Warpon/Warspon set and he has 95%/96% accuracy with/without Blazing Sword. He's got accuracy covered, so let's max his ASPD, which is still at 87%. Looks like he's stuck with either Historic weapons. They bring him to 97%, which is close enough. The axe is stronger, so let's go with that.

Let's put a +8 Recorn/Rescorn set on him. He now has 100% ASPD but only 80%/90% accuracy. This narrows the list down to all but the Angels Ambidextrous Ax. The Historic weapons are obvious, but why Angels Big Sword? Remember what I said earlier? It seems that in this example, max accuracy will take...46 total DEX with Blazing Sword, which is 24 base. 24 DEX base is 9 higher than the default of 15 DEX, and Angels Big Sword adds 10 DEX.

The two most useful weapons here are the Angels Big Sword and Historic Ambidextrous Ax. Which should be used? Assuming we have max accuracy and ASPD either way, which would give the highest attack? We know axes give more attack per STR, but Angels Big Sword has a higher base attack. Does it make up for it?

Angels Big Sword
Attack: 380~382
Attack rate with 220 STR and +0: 1795
Attack rate with 220 STR and +10: 2257

Historic Ambidextrous Ax
Attack: 325~334
Attack rate with 220 STR and +0: 1902
Attack rate with 220 STR and +10: 2390

The answer is yes, but keep reading.

So if we want to have max ASPD and max accuracy (without resorting to having a +10 set *shudders*) with 15 base DEX, these are the options:
  • +8 Warpon/Warspon set with Historic Ambidextrous Ax (96% accuracy, 97% ASPD, +15% crit rate)
  • +8 Recorn/Rescorn set with Angels Big Sword (96% accuracy, 100% ASPD, +15% HP, +35% crit damage)
  • +8 Recorn/Rescorn set with Historic Ambidextrous Ax (96% accuracy, 100% ASPD, +15% HP)

Which to choose? The first uses the stronger weapon, has higher crit rate, but has 3% lower ASPD. The third uses the stronger weapon, has higher HP and both max accuracy and ASPD. The second choice is the same, but uses the weaker weapon and gives +35% crit damage. All those options and all with 15 base DEX. Full STR baby!

Another possibility you may want to consider: what if you wanted to crit a lot instead for some reason? The following stuff has stuff to do with crits. Stuff.
Warpon/Warspon Set (75)
Angels Ambidextrous Ax (90)
Angels Big Sword (90)

You'll have to make do with 87% ASPD, unfortunately, but your accuracy is maxed. If you go for the axe, you'll have a 30% increase in crit rate with no crit damage boost. If you go for the sword, you'll have a 15% increase in crit rate with a 35% crit damage boost. Up to you.

About Clockworks sets:
Male CW set sucks. It adds defense and HP. Pfft, we don't care about that anymore, and its base defense sucks anyway.
Female CW set is much better. The hat adds 2% ASPD, suit adds 5% ASPD, boots add 20% accuracy, and gauntlets add 18% accuracy, for a total of 7% ASPD and 38% accuracy.
The elemental resistances don't work, as far as I know.

Unfortunately, CW suits can't be pierced anymore.

Thanks to M1ss0wn4g3 for the female CW stuff.

All of these are with pure STR builds.
Wearing a +4 or higher female CW set with regular two handed axe would give you 94% ASPD and 96% accuracy.
Wearing a +0 or higher (lol) female CW set with regular two handed sword would give you 94% ASPD and 96% accuracy.
Wearing a +0 or higher (lol) female CW set with either Historic weapon would give you 100% ASPD and 96% accuracy.
Wearing a +4 or higher female CW set with Angels Ambidextrous Ax would give you 94% ASPD and 96% accuracy.
Wearing a +0 or higher (lol) female CW set with Angels Big Sword would give you 94% ASPD and 96% accuracy.

So in summary, these are your best options:
  • +8 Goldygun/Goldynine/whatever set with a plain old two handed axe - 15 STA, 44 DEX, rest STR - 87% ASPD, 96% accuracy. Cheap and simple.
  • +8 Goldygun/Goldynine/whatever set with a plain old two handed sword - 15 STA, 24 DEX, rest STR - 87% ASPD, 96% accuracy. Cheap and simple, with a little more attack.
  • +8 Warpon/Warspon set with Angels Ambidextrous Ax/Angels Big Sword - 15 STA, 15 DEX, rest STR - 87% ASPD, 96% accuracy, +15% crit rate, +15% crit rate/+35% crit damage. Crit fun.
  • +4/+0 or higher female CW set with Angels Ambidextrous Ax/Historic Ambidextrous Ax - 15 STA, 15 DEX, rest STR - 94% ASPD/100% ASPD, 96% accuracy. Female samurai!
  • +8 Warpon/Warspon set with Historic Ambidextrous Ax - 15 STA, 15 DEX, rest STR - 97% ASPD, 96% accuracy, +15% crit rate)
  • +8 Recorn/Rescorn set with Angels Big Sword - 15 STA, 15 DEX, rest STR - 100% ASPD, 96% accuracy, +15% HP, +35% crit damage.
  • +8 Recorn/Rescorn set with Historic Ambidextrous Ax - 15 STA, 15 DEX, rest STR - 100% ASPD, 96% accuracy, +15% HP

There's also combinations of +8 regular armor with various green weapons, and various green armor with regular weapons. I'm not going to go through them all.

But what about Rage?

Rage raises your attack and HP while lowering your defense and accuracy. Depending on your build and EQ, you can use different levels of Rage and still have max accuracy. I'll just list them.

+8 Warpon/Warspon set with Historic Ambidextrous Ax (96% accuracy, 97% ASPD, +15% crit rate) - Level 4 Rage = +160 attack
+10 Warpon/Warspon set with Historic Ambidextrous Ax (96% accuracy, 97% ASPD, +15% crit rate) - Level 7/8 Rage = +220/240 attack

+8 Recorn/Rescorn set with Angels Big Sword (96% accuracy, 100% ASPD, +15% HP, +35% crit damage) - Level 0 Rage lolol
+10 Recorn/Rescorn set with Angels Big Sword (96% accuracy, 100% ASPD, +15% HP, +35% crit damage) - Level 3 Rage = +140 attack

+8 Recorn/Rescorn set with Historic Ambidextrous Ax (96% accuracy, 100% ASPD, +15% HP) - Level 1 Rage lolol = +100 attack
+10 Recorn/Rescorn set with Historic Ambidextrous Ax (96% accuracy, 100% ASPD, +15% HP) - Level 4 Rage = +160 attack

+8 female CW set with regular two handed axe (96% accuracy, 94% ASPD) - Level 4 Rage = +160 attack
+10 female CW set with regular two handed axe (96% accuracy, 94% ASPD) - Level 8 Rage = +240 attack

+8 female CW set with regular two handed sword (96% accuracy, 94% ASPD) - Level 7 Rage = +220 attack
+10 female CW set with regular two handed sword (96% accuracy, 94% ASPD) - Level 10 Rage = +280 attack

+8 female CW set with Historic Ambidextrous Ax (96% accuracy, 100% ASPD) - Level 10 Rage = +280 attack

+8 female CW set with Angels Ambidextrous Ax (96% accuracy, 94% ASPD) - Level 4 Rage = +160 attack
+10 female CW set with Angels Ambidextrous Ax (96% accuracy, 94% ASPD) - Level 8 Rage = +240 attack

+8 female CW set with Angels Big Sword (96% accuracy, 94% ASPD) - Level 8 Rage = +240 attack
+10 female CW set with Angels Big Sword (96% accuracy, 94% ASPD) - Level 10 Rage = +280 attack

This will require a Reskill, most likely, which are hard to find. Pain Reflection requires a level 4 Rage, and with your low STA, you'll have to refresh Rage every few minutes. Keep those things in mind.

Okay, now with builds out of the way, let's talk about leveling and whatnot.

Restat at level 88 or 90? Most leave the Mines at 88, but the level 90 green weapons are (duh) level 90. Your build will depend on your weapon, so I suggest you wait until 90 to Restat. However, if you don't plan on using any green weapons, then feel free to restat at 88. You have no reason to wait for 90. Level at Shus until 90, Kerns until 92, and then Glaphs for the rest of your life. Use elemental weapons.

If you decide to wait until 90 to restat, how do you get to 90? AOE some more, duh. Either in the Mines (ugh) or elsewhere. Elsewhere includes Trees, Luia, Small Gongs/Small Shus, Small Shus/Normal Shus, and Captain Shus. If you want to be a pansy, AOE Trees. If you want to be weird, AOE Luia or Small Gongs/Small Shus. If you want to be a (wo)man, AOE Shus.

See Reiko's guide to 90+ mobs for info on spawns and giants.

Glaphs are 102-104. I doubt you want to get a second green weapon and a second green suit for Kerns. Make both your weapon and suit fire element. Get yourself a plain 90 weapon and make it water. You'll have either 80%/90% accuracy with 100% ASPD or 87% ASPD with 96% accuracy. Or you could wait until 92/93 to Restat and AOE Kerns intead. Whatever, trudge on to 92/93. Keep that water weapon for hunting Giant Luia and Kern.

Or you could just go straight to Glaphs at 90, but that's pushing the level difference damage penalty.

Have fun with the grind.

Once you turn 105, you'll probably be eager to wear and use that shiny 105 set, which adds 15% ASPD and 7 DEX. That will bring you from 87% ASPD to 100% ASPD. Basically, take the Recorn/Rescorn builds and replace Recorn/Rescorn with Ectro/Extro.

If you use both Ectro/Extro and Legendary Golden Big Sword, you'll get a total of +33% ASPD. With max haste and no GT, you'll have 95% ASPD, so if you really want to, you could level with a BP. You'll miss out on the attack boosts from SF and GT though, as well as HC.

This concludes my lengthy ramblings about Knights. You can wake up now.

October 16th 2006 - Added CW sets, fixed errors.
December 11th 2006 - Added axe vs. sword info, Rage info, and other minor changes.
ItsReiko
Flyff Guru Of The YearBillposter Of The YearBest Girl Name

Default 10-16-2006, 12:19 AM
Nice guide, and detailed enough where it needs to be. Good stuff.

Also, I got mentioned
Ameena

Default 10-16-2006, 12:28 AM
D:
The bad thing Is im a crappy newb who cant buy a restat.
Thanatos

Default 10-16-2006, 01:20 AM
From experience I know the attack speed with max Haste/GT and an Historic is Ambidextrous Axe is 96% not 97%. Very in depth FAQ. I found myself reading it even though I am passed level 15 =D. You even have a link to my FAQ =p.

Awesome job.

Quote:
With max haste and no GT, you'll have 95% ASPD, so if you really want to, you could level with a BP. You'll miss out on the attack boosts from SF and GT though.
Why not mention a battle RM? xD

Last edited by Thanatos; 10-16-2006 at 01:20 AM.
Snake_eyez6910

Default 10-16-2006, 07:38 AM
because you still wont get sf and gt with one of us lol. if you're with me you wont get protect either
Sinner
Otaku Of The YearStaff Of The Year

Default 10-16-2006, 08:58 AM
wow great guide!

bad thing is though it's made me want to lvl my merc T_T
SilentXHiLL@! aidan

Default 10-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Full STR is mine! Thieves!
Thanatos

Default 10-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Quote:
because you still wont get sf and gt with one of us lol. if you're with me you wont get protect either
Why are you laughing? I can understand GT, but otherwise that's pathetic.
catlicker

Default 10-16-2006, 04:00 PM
I have to say this answers a lot of questions I had about which equips to buy and so forth.

cheers.
Triplets KGB

Default 10-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Sheesh, Tenkooters!

That's an insane guide you've got there.

Makes me want to give up my 60 blade and restart as a Knight. whee, fun >_<;

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentXHiLL
Full STR is mine! Thieves!
Quit whining! Go to the patents office already! ;p
« Flyff World > Class Discussions > The Barracks > Stats & Skills Build Questions »