MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Multimedia > Tech Talk

Notices

Luciana
Psykeeper Of The YearRanger Of The Year

Default Internet randomly disconnecting - 07-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Past year, I had some problems with my internet disconnecting just randomly. Like, out of nowhere it would just disconnect. Somehow it stopped but now it's back again and I have no clue what to do to make it stop. I believe it's configured to disconnect automatically after a certain time connected or something like that, it's just a guess though.

So, has anyone had this problem before and/or knows how to fix it? ;__;
It's really annoying. Sometimes it disconnects right while I'm playing a game and it makes me have to restart it... not to mention when it disconnects exactly when I'm doing something, like in the middle of an event or siege. .___.

I use Win7 and the antivirus is "avast!", if that helps.

Yes No
Honey

Default 07-27-2010, 10:35 AM
I could understand - that's really frustrating. An internet connection of mine used to do that in the past, and all I did was stand by the wireless router and turn it off, then back on, wait a little bit, and then try to reconnect. If that doesn't work, I tend to unplug everything and then plug everything back in with it off, switch it back on, and then try to reconnect.

Wireless can be quite frustrating. Your best bet would be to check into whether or not there is a time limit on how long it stays connected, because, as you said, you're usually in the middle of something when it disconnects.

Also - do you have a password set on your internet? Sometimes your internet may die if someone, like a neighbour, is trying to steal your connection.

Yes 1 No 0
Luciana

Default 07-27-2010, 11:39 AM
No one has the login/password though :[
It's so weird... the strange thing is that when I'm on Flyff and it disconnects, I have to close the client to reconnect. If I try to reconnect while Flyff is open, it wont let me to. I've been playing another game though, Dragonica, and the same happens: it randomly disconnects and if I want to reconnect I have to restart the client.

Yes No
Honey

Default 07-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Hmm. Nobody has the password, or there is no password set? See if you can call your ISP and set a password, or find out what it is? P:

That is definitely weird. When my Flyff disconnects, I just have to relog and it works - and come to think of it, I've been encountering some random "Disconnected from the server." popups too, my internet has been experiencing these little blips where it will lose connection for a bit, and either I have to wait for it to shut the hell up and reconnect me or reset my modem.

Edit: How did you get your two characters to pose like that, and how did you make that sig? o:

Last edited by Honey; 07-27-2010 at 11:53 AM.

Yes 1 No 0
Luciana

Default 07-27-2010, 01:06 PM
It requires a password to connect, but it's something only the people in this house knows and I'm fairly sure they didn't give it away to anyone. ;-;

What happens exactly is: I'm online. Disconnect pop-up appears. Then right after, the program I use to connect the internet pops up as well saying it's trying to reconnect, but it wont successfully connect unless I close the client. Right when I close the client, the internet connects; I don't have to do anything else, just close the game. Then I can get online again.

I have no clue why that happens though, and like I said before, it's really random. No warning appears, nothing. It just disconnects out of nowhere and I have to follow these steps to connect it again. ;__;

As for the signature; I made it on photoshop. The first char is a ranger using the hero skill Hawkeye, but I'm pretty sure there are other skills for rangers with the same motion. The second char is a psykeeper using Psychic Square, the level 75 AoE. I got both screenshots, and used photoshop to add effects, names etc. :] ...I'd take ages to type what exactly I did though D:, but yeah pretty much just playing with the effects the software provides me.

Yes No
LadySubaru

Default 07-27-2010, 04:24 PM
ill try to help... my head hurts though. havent been hitting the books enough.

is your wireless configuration Wi Fi protected setup or Manual? lol well first what is the brand and make of router?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciana
the program I use to connect the internet
you connect with a usb adapter then im guessing? a screenie of your wireless settings would help... as honey said it could be becuz some kid down the street is trying to connect to your network with his psp and keeps getting timed out, but this can be pretty rare and it shouldnt effect you... Make sure you have WPA2 and TKIP + AES, or at Least AES, and try setting the key renewal to the maximum alloted time, 7200 secs. Maybe Try Mac Address Filtering Just to be certain outside interference isnt causing it. oh make sure your not set to static IP either, this could cause this also.

Last edited by LadySubaru; 07-27-2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: speeeeling

Yes No
TwilightRose

Default 07-28-2010, 01:03 AM
Mine does that too from time to time. I use Xanadoo and I'm in the service area. The only help I got was to contact technical support about it. Sometimes the cords could be old and requires a new one. The only other help is to contact your internet provider and ask about it.

Yes No
LadySubaru

Default 07-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Meyers
other wireless devices that operate in the same frequency range as your wireless nodes can cause interference as well, look for wireless telephones, intercoms & so on as possible culprits. one fix for intererence caused by other wireless devices is to change the channel the offending device uses, if possible. or try moving the interfering device to another area or replacing it altogether. Relocate the PC or access point.
'

Last edited by LadySubaru; 07-28-2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: man my spelling is shot. i think its my vision....

Yes No
Rampager

Default 07-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Some questions I'd like to ask to try to narrow down the problem:

Does the internet disconnect or does the wireless go off? Im asking this because it is strange to hear that internet is back up immediately after you quit the game.

Do the other people in your house have this same problem as you too?

Plus, maybe you should log into your router and wander around about the settings and see if you notice anything peculiar.

Yes No
ItsNotRudy
Loli Hunter

Default 07-29-2010, 03:24 AM
Wireless is just unstable, I've had the same thing happen to me several years ago causing me to just go to the hardware store and connecting my PC with a cable. You should consider the same. There's a number of appliances that could weaken your wireless signal, neighbours included. My cousins downstairs neighbour would use a babyphone on a certain frequency and it would disrupt her wireless completely.

Yes No
« Flyff World > Multimedia > Tech Talk »