MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Multimedia > Tech Talk

Notices

Tor
I'm Watching You

Default RPM Revving UP And Down On Park or Neutral - 02-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Anyone have experiece with it? When I start up the car, the RPM would rev really low. Around 500-1000 and then slowly go down until the car dies? It only happens on park or neutral. However I have never tested it when it doing that and immediately shifting to Drive. This is an automatic

Yes No
woxxy

Default 02-19-2010, 05:40 AM
No direct experience as I drive only sportscars, so no automatic.

Cars, as long as they're from this millennium, all have sensors to check on the status of the whole system and act accordingly, like, 95C+ and 5300rpm = change piston aperture+disable fuel saving etc.

The computer has the data for how high must the engine work. Seemingly yours has a too low setting that, if the car is getting older, might be a bit too much.

In example, your car was set for 500rpm, but the engine can't keep that rev anymore, may it be corrosion or fuel that doesn't perform as well. It slows down, fatigue on low rpms gets it and dies. Just like you were going too slow with a too high gear.

The only suggestion is to bring it to the mechanic to get him to connect to your computer and set it to a higher rev. It could even be a failed heat-up setting, if it's only happening when you turn on the engine. Usually cars have a higher rev when they are turned on. So... this shit is weird, yo!

Yes 1 No 0
guorbatschow

Default 02-19-2010, 06:05 AM
with automatic transmission, the car drives you!

Yes 2 No 0
ErdeKaiser

Default 02-19-2010, 05:39 PM
year and make/model of said vehicle please. Does your check engine light come on? Sounds to me more like a mass air flow sensor going bad. the MAS sends data to the computer from the intake with info on the temperature and moisture levels in the air going into the engine, thus allowing the computer to comphensate the ammount of gasoline to inject to maintain the proper fuel/air ratio. Too much fuel and you run rich, to little and your run lean. It sounds like your car is flooding out(too rich) and dying after ignition. However usually when a sensor goes bad your check engine light will come on, BUT depending on the age not all sensors will make it come on. Like the O2 sensor on older cars usually wont activate the check engine light, but it can cause ruff idles and poor gas milage.

Yes 1 No 0
hazelmurphy
Movie Guru

Default 02-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErdeKaiser View Post
Too much fuel and you run rich, to little and your run lean. It sounds like your car is flooding out(too rich) and dying after ignition.
This would be my first guess as well.

Yes 1 No 0
Tor
I'm Watching You

Default 02-19-2010, 09:07 PM
It might be the o2 sensors...I have never changed or cleaned them. It's a Honda Accord EX v6. The checked Engine light was on after I try to start the car when it died. I basically put my foot on the pedal and kept it at 1000-2000 rpm's for like 5 minutes. Then the RPM wouldn't drop and stall. That usually solves the problem.

Also I don't think I got a MAS, because i have an after market Short Ram Intake. The CEL stayed on until I went under the hood and messed with my Intake (tighten the clamps and hose, and stuff like that). Last time the CEL came on I messed with the Intake as well and it went off also. So two times I messed with the Intake and the CEL went off. However the first time it came back on and that didn't solve the problem until i changed the spark plugs. That seemed to have solved it for like 8 months, but then winter started and it happened again. Usually happens in the winter and never in the summer which is weird.

Can it also be dirty fuel injectors? I think I got some misfires going on in my Engine. Never tried flusing the fuel injectors before. Anyone recommend that?

Yes No
Aidan
Hello Kitty Lover

Default 02-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor View Post
It might be the o2 sensors...I have never changed or cleaned them. It's a Honda Accord EX v6. The checked Engine light was on after I try to start the car when it died. I basically put my foot on the pedal and kept it at 1000-2000 rpm's for like 5 minutes. Then the RPM wouldn't drop and stall. That usually solves the problem.

Also I don't think I got a MAS, because i have an after market Short Ram Intake. The CEL stayed on until I went under the hood and messed with my Intake (tighten the clamps and hose, and stuff like that). Last time the CEL came on I messed with the Intake as well and it went off also. So two times I messed with the Intake and the CEL went off. However the first time it came back on and that didn't solve the problem until i changed the spark plugs. That seemed to have solved it for like 8 months, but then winter started and it happened again. Usually happens in the winter and never in the summer which is weird.

Can it also be dirty fuel injectors? I think I got some misfires going on in my Engine. Never tried flusing the fuel injectors before. Anyone recommend that?
Never hurts to try once. As long as you don't do it more than once every 1-2 years you should be okay.

Yes No
ErdeKaiser

Default 02-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Even if you have an aftermarket intake, you still have to have a MAS. Every automobile made in the last 50+ years has had one.

If you changed the spark plugs and it stopped for a few months, then started again then you're fouling up your plugs. Running too lean or rich will do that quick. Easy way to find out, take out a couple of your plugs and look at them. If they appear white and slighty erroded, then you're running lean. If they look black and burnt, and maybe slightly wet, then you're running rich.

Over the counter fuel injector cleaner doesn't work unless you use something like seafoam, and it takes several flushes to get the gunk out of injectors that way. Best way to flush injectors out is to take it to a mechanic that has a pressurized fuel system cleaner. It usually runs around $50. It may be what's causing your problem, but if it was then you'd be experiencing poor performance virtually all the time. I'm betting your plugs are fouled up again b/c of incorrect fuel/air mixture. Probably happens in the winter b/c of the holder, denser air. If you have a faulty MAS, or even an intake air temp sensor as some cars have those seperately, then your cars computer is thinking it's a different temp air coming in the it really is. o2 sensors are part of the exhaust system, they read the gases that are expelled through the manifold after combustion to determine if enough air is getting into the chamber. It wouldn't affect your spark plugs fouling, if that's what has happend. I'd probably check those first and see if they look like what I described and go from there.

Yes No
jonno
Psykeeper Of The Year

Default 02-20-2010, 07:03 AM
Check your EGR valve, there was a problem in England were cars would die down at the start or even during driving when at low revs on the CRV and Jazz.

EGR was at fault as that recirculates some of the exhaust fumes (Going off the o2 sensor readings), would on on the the sides of the block towards the inflet manifold.

Yes No
Tor
I'm Watching You

Default 02-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Even if you have an aftermarket intake, you still have to have a MAS. Every automobile made in the last 50+ years has had one.

If you changed the spark plugs and it stopped for a few months, then started again then you're fouling up your plugs. Running too lean or rich will do that quick. Easy way to find out, take out a couple of your plugs and look at them. If they appear white and slighty erroded, then you're running lean. If they look black and burnt, and maybe slightly wet, then you're running rich.

Over the counter fuel injector cleaner doesn't work unless you use something like seafoam, and it takes several flushes to get the gunk out of injectors that way. Best way to flush injectors out is to take it to a mechanic that has a pressurized fuel system cleaner. It usually runs around $50. It may be what's causing your problem, but if it was then you'd be experiencing poor performance virtually all the time. I'm betting your plugs are fouled up again b/c of incorrect fuel/air mixture. Probably happens in the winter b/c of the holder, denser air. If you have a faulty MAS, or even an intake air temp sensor as some cars have those seperately, then your cars computer is thinking it's a different temp air coming in the it really is. o2 sensors are part of the exhaust system, they read the gases that are expelled through the manifold after combustion to determine if enough air is getting into the chamber. It wouldn't affect your spark plugs fouling, if that's what has happend. I'd probably check those first and see if they look like what I described and go from there.
Thanks man. I think on honda's they called it a MAP sensor though. I just did a fuel injector service with the Motorvac. Car seems to run better, and hasn't died yet. If it dies, I'll change the MAP and fuel injectors.

With the MAP, do they usually cost problems on start up?

Yes No
« Flyff World > Multimedia > Tech Talk »