MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > FlyFF Discussions > FlyFF Technical Questions

Notices

Pikmario
Elementor Of The Year

Default Due to insufficient texture memory.... - 02-11-2010, 06:53 PM

I get that error every time I start Flyff when I have the texture settings above low (as well as shadow but that's irrelevant), but I know for certain that I have a card powerful enough to handle Flyff's graphics (2x NVidia GeForce GTX 260).

I've read in another thread something about having your card automatically bump up AA, but that won't solve what I want fixed. When the game forces texture settings to low, it loads all the ____Low.dds texture files, and even setting it higher ingame doesn't make it load the higher quality ____.dds files. Setting AA up only makes the models sharper, it doesn't do anything for the textures themselves.

Is there any way of getting around this error, or am I doomed to looking at Low res textures?

Yes No
Longknife

Default 02-11-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm sorry Pik, but your computer....

Has Texture Alzheimer's.

Yes No
Pikmario
Elementor Of The Year

Default 02-11-2010, 07:01 PM

To this day you are still epic, Longie.

Yes No
Lick

Default 02-11-2010, 09:07 PM
i get that same shit when i put it above medium but not low and i got a stock shitty 9100 or something w.e. came with this pos laptop. I'll be pissed if it still tells me that when i get my new pc QQ

Yes No
MarteI

Default 02-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Tried renaming your TextureLow folder to Texture and your Texture folder to TextureLow yet?

Yes No
Pikmario
Elementor Of The Year

Default 02-12-2010, 06:44 AM
I have not yet, I'll try that out when I get home. I predict that the patcher will try and un-rename them, though I can get around that no problem.

Edit: Doesn't work. For one the patcher decides to re-patch every single file in each folder. Bypassing the patcher gets me to the login screen, just for the game to crash.

Edit 2: Copying the entire contents of the Texture folder into the TextureMid folder has fixed it. However I think that when I run the patcher it will overwrite the HQ files in TextureMid with the middle quality ones.

Last edited by Pikmario; 02-12-2010 at 08:25 PM.

Yes No
ItsReiko
Flyff Guru Of The YearBillposter Of The YearBest Girl Name

Default 02-13-2010, 11:28 AM
seems to be some bug in the game with how it checks how much texture memory you have. the query to your video driver must be returning the value in a way which the game isnt expecting it to be, so when it checks if its at least x amount, it fails. theres probably nothing you can do except what youre doing now.

I would probably email them about it though. who knows if others are having the problem too then they might pass it on to be fixed.

Yes No
woxxy

Default 02-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikmario View Post
2x NVidia GeForce GTX 260
Your problem is the graphic card selection. What the heck nVidia man. ATi's pulling out... whatever.
nb4 ATi drivers suxxx bugs etc.

Try to look for "3Danalyze", it's software to fake your graphics card's characteristics that was very popular back in my days... 2001, ages ago. ;_;
It can even emulate shaders via CPU and such things.

Not sure if it still works and if it will work for this... have fun with it though.

These guys got the software somewhere: http://www.tommti-systems.de/start.html

Edit: ah, you could try disabling one of the cards! /ridi

Yes No
Pikmario
Elementor Of The Year

Default 02-13-2010, 12:07 PM
What will that do, tell Flyff that I have a "better" video card by saying I have a lower end model, one that is compatible with whatever its checking?

Yes No
Tor
I'm Watching You

Default 02-13-2010, 12:08 PM
I got the same problem with 4670. Anything above low does it. I'm on the Windows 7. I'll try your solution Pik.

Yes No
« Flyff World > FlyFF Discussions > FlyFF Technical Questions »