MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Multimedia > Gamers Lounge

Notices

Sutara
Hello Kitty Lover

Default 04-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GummyBears View Post
I started with a Warrior. Slayer is super fun, and really high damage, but archer is like retarded amounts of fun. Play archer.
Warrior is loads of fun! Warrior and slayer are my two favorite classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Polaris View Post
I've just been doing some reading online (not a lot, just reddit and the Tera forums), and out of the threads I've read, pretty much everyone is saying how archers' damage are reallly low, they're not really a ranged class (because you need to be close for higher damage), and they're pretty slow movement-wise..

I love archers, always play them in MMORPGs, but the archers sound really bad lol.

I hate slow classes, but Lancers seem to be really needed, so I was thinking of going Lancer even if I hate slow classes..

Slayers sound good too, as do Warriors, but the former I heard is overpopulated, and the latter is like a bad tank (compared to Lancer) and don't dish out damage enough to be wanted in parties..
Your mileage may vary, but archers suffer from having low AoE damage. Makes it a little annoying to clear waves of mobs. That was the only complaint I had, anyway. I encourage you to take a spin with every class, since they allow you to do the prologue upon character creation to try the class @ level 20. Though for a few classes, mainly warrior, the fun doesn't start until a bit later.

Don't let stats or damage bother you, really. This isn't FlyFF where if you pick BP you'll need a farm char to afford the gear, and if you pick ranger you'll be cursed with needing to work your butt off to do good in pvp. Every class holds their own once you learn your way with them.
Dr. Polaris

Default 04-29-2013, 01:16 AM
I've formed a team with my friends, and right now even at level 15, I'm the only one who hasn't died once yet!

The team consists of a Berzerker, Warrior, Archer and Sorcerer. We have another friend coming in as a priest later on.

I found AoE and also the lack of speed while in combat to be a huge issue. Near the beginning when you're still on Island of Dawn, there are mobs where there's one big guy and his bunch of minions. I would often accidentally set a trap, only to have it hit two different groups of mobs, therefore having two big guys and twenty minions on my ass, with no way of running away quick enough, other than breakaway shot+backstep and running for my life.

I can strafe and dodge well though, and my HP has never been under 75%. Though I do see my sorcerer friend killing mobs much faster than me.

EDIT: btw what if your IGN? and which server are you on? my friends and I just chose Celestial Hills or whatever it's called. I wanted to join Mount Ty. but thought I should get used to the game first. My name is Archer.Polaris
GummyBears

Default 04-29-2013, 01:39 AM
I have an archer and warrior on Celestial Hills, Elevo and Maelodic respectively, but I play this game very, very casually.
Sutara
Hello Kitty Lover

Default 04-29-2013, 04:21 AM
@Polaris, there's a little help for movement speed. In Velika or Lumbertown, you'll find a crystal merchant that sells movement speed crystals. Look for 'Swift' and 'Fleetfoot', one is in-combat and one is out-of-combat. They help loads and they aren't that expensive.

Oh, and I'm on Ascension Valley.
Dr. Polaris

Default 04-29-2013, 10:54 AM
Aw
Sinner
Otaku Of The YearStaff Of The Year

Default 04-30-2013, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor View Post
I believe this is one of the best free mmo's out right now. It has it flaws, but still a lot better than some other offerings.
I share this opinion. It's amazing compared to Just about every other free MMO on the market right now.

I've took a break from it for the last week or two but it's actually really good, I messed around with all the classes but lancer is the only one I feel 100% comfortable on.
Dr. Polaris

Default 04-30-2013, 07:54 AM
Someone join me on Celestial Hills!
« Flyff World > Multimedia > Gamers Lounge »