MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Latest News and Updates > Official eFlyFF Announcements

Notices

IVIike

Default 10-13-2010, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehGeneral View Post
I got a permanent ban for posting that on officials, pretty funny if you ask me. No warnings, nothing. They waste everyone's time with this starter event then throw a hissy fit when I point out its not what they're expecting?
Welcome to the club lol, but yeah they almost always have a bullshit reason for bans. They probably won't even respond if you send them an email
iSingh
Super Saiyan

Default 10-14-2010, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciana View Post
This!!!

So basically, the 2nd part of the quest wasn't supposed to be announced until the next week, but since you did so, they banned you, and permanently? Without a warning too? z_z
That's just dumb... if they dont want people to figure out whats coming, then better find a way to "hide" it from them. Maybe they should've patched these files the next week's maintenance or something? Did you send them an e-mail to ask why exactly you got banned? I'm curious to know what kind of answer you'll get.
I'll post it up once I get a reply, was too lazy to send it last night. I just find it hilarious, I've been posting up stuff like that for a year, closest I got to a warning was some people asking me how to find it so they could see themselves. Posted up intricate details of other events and inner workings of V16, some stolen from a moderator's area, no warning. I post up what people have to do roughly in a week (actually deliberately spared a few details) to stop them wasting their time now and its a straight permanent ban, love it.
WarlordSynergy

Default 10-14-2010, 05:50 AM
Ban reason says to send in emil for more info. I would email them and see why... o.O
Kilconey
Oreo Monster

Default 10-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Well Polynikes' public response to the thing is rather bullshit.

Quote:
Unfortunately, there was more information obtained in less acceptable fashion. I decided to enforce the rules regarding forum posting related to leaking information. If more information is leaked, expect to be held accountable, and do not expect it to remain on this forum for long.
Considering there is no rule whatsoever about information leaking?
iSingh
Super Saiyan

Default 10-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Forum Rules:
Quote:
Publishing information derived from the FlyFF client or server files:
It is expressly forbidden to publish anything derived from FlyFF’s client or server files that has not otherwise been officially released by Gala-Net, Inc. without expressed written permission from Gala-Net, Inc. This includes information about unreleased/unavailable items, data pertaining to statistics not normally found through normal gameplay, or anything derived directly from the client files themselves. Failure to comply with this policy can result in action taken against your forum and/or game accounts.
So there is actually a rule for it, but it has never once been enforced, and you'd expect a small warning for it. I've done it for over a year and never once been questioned, this is why companies are supposed to remain professional.
jmorsch

Default 10-14-2010, 03:15 PM
So why do they even allow threads like the v16 thread. Whole purpose is to leak information of an upcoming version. Makes no sense to me.
demonslyer

Default 10-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorsch View Post
So why do they even allow threads like the v16 thread. Whole purpose is to leak information of an upcoming version. Makes no sense to me.
they allow people after they release information, because then they were the first to release it and give the surprise. Nobody els
iSingh
Super Saiyan

Default 10-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonslyer View Post
they allow people after they release information, because then they were the first to release it and give the surprise. Nobody els
Nope, they've never stopped anyone posting up information prior. Everything that has been known about V16 up until a few days ago was all from files, latest information was from GMs giving to mods.
FireSenshi

Default 10-17-2010, 06:20 PM
But doesn't the Korean version have.... all of the stuff that our version is going to have? Give or take a few things. I was just reading a blog that shows some sneakpeaks from the Korean version of our 16. Everything from new skills and current skills getting modded. If General got banned then half the internet should too. >.> Honestly, thats pathetic. I quit one game due to idiotic GMs, I don't want to have to again.
iSingh
Super Saiyan

Default 10-18-2010, 04:04 AM
I hope you know that the blog is a lie...
« Flyff World > Latest News and Updates > Official eFlyFF Announcements »

Tags
a batbomb?!, in-game event, patch notes