MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Miscellaneous > Archives

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you be following the World Cup?
Yes! Every day! I won't miss a game! 8 14.29%
Yes, if I can or have enough free time. 21 37.50%
Maybe, if I'm bored or if my friends are watching. 5 8.93%
No, I don't have time to follow the games. 3 5.36%
No, I don't enjoy watching Football. 9 16.07%
I don't care about the world cup at all. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

BBRS

Default 06-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidd View Post
Blame the aussies
Nah, the Aussies played well. Serbia played like shit the second half, and had huge problems scoring in the first half even though they had at least 4 very good chances. And our coach, Antic, what the fuck is he doing? Takes out Krasic and puts in that little dicktwat Tosic?... And the defenders, they practically gave away both goals. Where was Ivanovic, Vidic who were supposed to watch Kennedy and Cahill? Why weren't they trying to block out that second shot, they could have at least tried. I walked out of the pub when the Australia scored the second goal, didn't watch the rest of the game.

Only one word to describe their performance:

Pathetic.
BloodAxe
King Of Spam CentralDebater Of The YearMovie Guru

Default 06-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
I don't think anyone should be though. Everyone can admit they werent on form until today, which we hope they continue to keep up. They needed that teamwork and spirit and they found that today, so hopefully it's only the beginning.

I think this comparing between England and USA is stupid though. USA deserves a spot cause you can tell they are trying hard and they really want to be there, England got a slow start and still drew points with first spot. I dont see why should there be any cockyness.
I actually agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBRS View Post
Fuck this... I'm not gonna watch the WC anymore... ever...
lol
Skidd

Default 06-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Nah, the Aussies played well. Serbia played like shit the second half, and had huge problems scoring in the first half even though they had at least 4 very good chances. And our coach, Antic, what the fuck is he doing? Takes out Krasic and puts in that little dicktwat Tosic?... And the defenders, they practically gave away both goals. Where was Ivanovic, Vidic who were supposed to watch Kennedy and Cahill? Why weren't they trying to block out that second shot, they could have at least tried. I walked out of the pub when the Australia scored the second goal, didn't watch the rest of the game.

Only one word to describe their performance:

Pathetic.
Oh, I didnt see it, but Aus didnt have a chance to go thru, but them winning brings you guys out of a chance to pass, but it did bring Aus to 3rd of their group though.
BloodAxe
King Of Spam CentralDebater Of The YearMovie Guru

Default 06-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Oh, I didnt see it, but Aus didnt have a chance to go thru, but them winning brings you guys out of a chance to pass, but it did bring Aus to 3rd of their group though.
Well they did, but it would have involved Germany losing and Aus winning by more than 4 goals. But you make a valid point nonetheless.
OwL

Default 06-23-2010, 01:40 PM
FUCK GHANA GOT ABOUT 4 CLEAR CHANCES TO SCORE AND THEY DIDN'T. YOU CAN'T DO THAT AGAINST GERMANY. DDDD:

Quote:
Fuck this... I'm not gonna watch the WC anymore... ever...
Trust me, I would enjoy the WC MUCH MORE if Mexico didn't play. The TV is full of stupid "patriotic" commercials, labeling the players as "Aztec warriors", "national heroes" and what not. The commentators talk 24/7 about them, always giving fake hopes to the public, sugarcoating our lame performances, giving over-biased analysis, etc.
Skidd

Default 06-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Commentators always lane towards their national team though. If you really support them, which I think the directors would only pick those who are to commentate and stay on the positive side. Though I wouldnt know how far they do it in Mexico.

Btw, theres a huge trend going in my county in Northen Ireland who are supporting Mexico in the WC. Since Ireland got kicked out, they picked another team to cheer on for the rest of the WC and they went for Mexico and pretty sure they were happy to see them beat France lol so yea just saying theres a group of people over here in the pubs cheering with you guys.
nips
Devil Of The YearJoker Of The Year

Default 06-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelmurphy View Post
It's happened before in recent history IIRC we lost to Brazil in 2002 in the semi's.

That said - looks like Germany, Ghana, or Serbia in the next game, and that sure as hell isn't an easy draw Not that any draw would be easy, of course.
Fifa WC 2002?

USA lost vs Germany in 4ths
hazelmurphy
Movie Guru

Default 06-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Ahhh I was thinking of '94 in the quarters.

Us old people have weak brains, ya know
jonno
Psykeeper Of The Year

Default 06-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwL View Post
FUCK GHANA GOT ABOUT 4 CLEAR CHANCES TO SCORE AND THEY DIDN'T. YOU CAN'T DO THAT AGAINST GERMANY. DDDD:

Trust me, I would enjoy the WC MUCH MORE if Mexico didn't play. The TV is full of stupid "patriotic" commercials, labeling the players as "Aztec warriors", "national heroes" and what not. The commentators talk 24/7 about them, always giving fake hopes to the public, sugarcoating our lame performances, giving over-biased analysis, etc.
There is patriotism in England, but if they pull a poor performance they do hear about it. The past week the papers were on about the poor performance so far and what can be done.

Also I did get it wrong with the 2nd round game.

Come on bring on the Germans!

Last edited by Suinia; 06-27-2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: double doubled
nips
Devil Of The YearJoker Of The Year

Default 06-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Epic battle, Longknife vs The Brits

« Flyff World > Miscellaneous > Archives »