MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > World Community > Debates

Notices

BloodRedAngel

Default 02-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaerdan View Post
But we should be civilised enough not to bash them repeatedly in the nose just to keep their meat tender.

Or aim to grab and crush their testicles because it's part of a manhood ritual.

Or brain them near senseless so you can keep them motionless long enough to break their skull open and eat their brains while they are still alive.

Or shallow fry them, then slowly pick off the cooked meat off their bodies while they are still breathing.
Thanks .___. I was eating when I read that...

On topic: Like everyone said, it's a case of culture and morals. Dogs are no less viable for food than pigs, but it's because of our attachment to the species as pets that we consider it morally wrong to kill them for food. I'll pretty much take the side of anyone with survival instinct strong enough; food is food. If it comes from a dog, a pig or a bat, if it's needed, it's needed. Ignoring religions and cultures, there's nothing to say that any animal has any more right than another to not be eaten.

And yes, given the chance, I would happily "try" dog or any other similar living thing. Snails and similar creatures are probably the only thing I wouldn't sample, given the chance. Food is food and without a hint of gluttony when I say this, I would like to try as much of it as I can before my "ticker goes kaput". You never know when you could be missing out on a taste sensation
fabricek
Writer Of The YearGreeter Of The Year

Default 02-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
They are as any other animal. Hunting/eating of Dog should be controlled though so it doesn't kill off the population.
Too bad wild dogs almost don't exist anymore, so no hunting ofr you

but, why shouldn't we eath them, some ppl say: we are too emotionally attached to them, but man, my local grocery store sells horse meat. People spend their lives on petting and keeping their horses, and in the end, you can find the same animal wrapped in plastic, ready to be baked.

So yes, dogs CAN be eaten, but not necesarily, if meat is running low, i'd say we'd start eating bugs and such, as they do in south-america
Bladebabe

Default 02-08-2010, 01:44 AM
The only time it's not right to eat an animal is if it is on the endangered species list or if belongs to someone. Otherwise num num num num
Kseniya

Default 03-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladebabe View Post
The only time it's not right to eat an animal is if it is on the endangered species list or if belongs to someone. Otherwise num num num num
I agree! but also add: if it can easily make you sick.
Andhotiel

Default 03-18-2010, 07:31 PM
I wouldn't personally, because I got attached to dogs and have kittens myself. If I had a crush on a cow I'd probably feel weird about eating hamburgers too.

However I respect that some people, cultures, allow it, and feel it's okay. My grandparents were telling me how they had to eat cats and dogs during the war because they had only that. If I HAVE to, like, to survive, I probably would. It would traumatize me deeply and make me completely messed up in the noodle but I would.

However, as a normal meal? I would never consider it. Once you are sentimentaly attached to something it is hard to really hurt it, as in, eat it (because we all know people abusing people they love etc)... So yeah. It's a personnal choice.

Now should it be legally allowed? Well, if a high enough amount of people would actually do it, then I guess yes, but just like cows and other animals it would have to be supervised.
Portobello

Default 03-22-2010, 01:36 AM
I personally think something like intelligence level should be used to decide which animals we should or should not eat. The norm for some people today seems to be cuteness factor. The cuter an animal is, the more cruel it is to eat it.

Also, might it be morally wrong to eat an animal that we have domesticated on a widespread basis? People even give dogs names. It's like "we love dogs, they're man's best friends" and then we go and eat them.

So in a family who loves dogs or owns one, i think it would be wrong to eat a dog. In a family who doesn't own one or are not emotionally attached to dogs, i think it's ok.
fabricek
Writer Of The YearGreeter Of The Year

Default 03-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portobello View Post
I personally think something like intelligence level should be used to decide which animals we should or should not eat. The norm for some people today seems to be cuteness factor. The cuter an animal is, the more cruel it is to eat it.

Also, might it be morally wrong to eat an animal that we have domesticated on a widespread basis? People even give dogs names. It's like "we love dogs, they're man's best friends" and then we go and eat them.

So in a family who loves dogs or owns one, i think it would be wrong to eat a dog. In a family who doesn't own one or are not emotionally attached to dogs, i think it's ok.
Yeah, imagine you were in love with your chicken gf "Cluck". It would be impossible to eat it. However, someone living 2 blocks away from you wouldnt have a problem with it.

It's all about being emotionally attached
TwilightPrincess143

Default 07-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MStevens24 View Post
Personally I find the act of eating a dog or a cat to be quite disgusting.

However I really dont see the difference between killing lets say a deer/cow/other random animal and eating it.

So I dont think it should be against the law, but it is personally disgusting to me.

Its most likely b/c growing up in America dogs/cats are seen as pets. To the point of actually being a part of the family.

Ohkayy, first of all..
Yes it is disgusting. I don't like it at all. BUT for some other countries, it's considered a delicacy. People eat it because they might be really starving and they have nothing to eat. For instance, people in the Philippines eat dogs. BUT only the people in the Philippines who don't have any money and can't afford anything else. People who live in the jungle(Yes, they have jungles.) But People who live in cities or towns in the Philippines don't eat dog because they can afford their food. Same here in the US, we see dogs more as pets, not food. But if you're poor and you can't afford anything else, then all you got is rats, snakes, and dogs. So I'm not completely opposed to it. But I wouldn't consider it an everyday food.
« Flyff World > World Community > Debates »