MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Miscellaneous > Archives

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you be following the World Cup?
Yes! Every day! I won't miss a game! 8 14.29%
Yes, if I can or have enough free time. 21 37.50%
Maybe, if I'm bored or if my friends are watching. 5 8.93%
No, I don't have time to follow the games. 3 5.36%
No, I don't enjoy watching Football. 9 16.07%
I don't care about the world cup at all. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Longknife

Default 07-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonno View Post
Spain play boring football, the keep possesion/pass it alot. I hope holland can take them out and play some nice football. If it goes with Spains pace Imma do something else

Fuck yeah!
England was right all along. They're finals material after all!
Grats jonno
aaerdan
Movie Mogul

Default 07-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Octo-oracle Paul has competition!
_____

Netherlands will beat Spain, says biased chimp-pundit

AFP
Tallinn

The Netherlands will beat Spain in the looming World Cup final, according to a chimpanzee-turned-pundit in an Estonian zoo. The only problem is that Pino the ape may be biased because he was born in Amsterdam, the Estonian tabloid Ohtuleht said on Friday.
Ohtuleht asked Tallinn zoo to see if other animals agreed with Paul the "psychic" German octopus, who has made headlines with his spot-on match tips and has picked Spain to win Sunday's crunch match.
Pino, who has been in Tallinn since his transfer from Amsterdam zoo in 1994, was offered two paper bags containing snacks, each decorated with a Dutch or Spanish flag.
He instantly picked the Netherlands' red, white and blue over Spain's yellow and red.
The zoo carried out a second test with an African Red River Hog, who was more hesitant, taking 15 minutes before finally sticking his snout in the Dutch-flagged bag.
But the hog may also have been far from neutral.
His name, "Apfelsin", means "Orange" in Estonian, with his hide echoing the colour of the Dutch side's shirts.
_____

'Psychic' parakeet picks Netherlands as World Cup winners

AFP
Singapore

Paul the "psychic" octopus has a rival.
A Singapore parakeet which correctly predicted all four winners in the World Cup quarter-finals has picked the Netherlands to trump Spain for the championship, local media said on Friday.
The bird, named Mani, has rapidly gained cult status among gambling-mad soccer fans who have been flocking to its owner's shop in Singapore's Little India district in the hope of winning big.
Local media reports said Mani used its beak to pick a card bearing the flag of the Netherlands over one with Spain's national colours.
"With the World Cup in its final stage, Mani is now literally the talk of the town - and many are going with its prediction of the Dutch team winning its first-ever World Cup title," Channel NewsAsia said on its website.
It said Mani and its owner, astrologer M. Muniyappan, used to see about 10 customers on an average day but now they entertain the same number in just one hour.
Dubbed "magical bird" and "homegrown psychic parakeet" by the local media, Mani accurately predicted the outcome of the game in which Spain won over Germany to set the showdown with the Netherlands, which beat Paraguay.
With the sport watched by millions of people worldwide, Mani is competing for stardom with Paul, the octopus in Germany which has also used its "psychic" powers to accurately pick winners.
OwL

Default 07-09-2010, 10:06 AM
I'll give my cat two bowls of food, one with the colors of Spain and the other of the colors of NL. I'll see which one he "chooses" and I'll record it for YouTube.

This is stupid and I honestly hate it.
jonno
Psykeeper Of The Year

Default 07-09-2010, 10:46 AM
I gave an OwL two bowls of food to eat from to predict the world cup winner...

He took them both and jumped over the fence to USA, little fucker
OwL

Default 07-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Molbol_x

Default 07-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaerdan View Post
Octo-oracle Paul has competition!
_____

Netherlands will beat Spain, says biased chimp-pundit

AFP
Tallinn

The Netherlands will beat Spain in the looming World Cup final, according to a chimpanzee-turned-pundit in an Estonian zoo. The only problem is that Pino the ape may be biased because he was born in Amsterdam, the Estonian tabloid Ohtuleht said on Friday.
Ohtuleht asked Tallinn zoo to see if other animals agreed with Paul the "psychic" German octopus, who has made headlines with his spot-on match tips and has picked Spain to win Sunday's crunch match.
Pino, who has been in Tallinn since his transfer from Amsterdam zoo in 1994, was offered two paper bags containing snacks, each decorated with a Dutch or Spanish flag.
He instantly picked the Netherlands' red, white and blue over Spain's yellow and red.
The zoo carried out a second test with an African Red River Hog, who was more hesitant, taking 15 minutes before finally sticking his snout in the Dutch-flagged bag.
But the hog may also have been far from neutral.
His name, "Apfelsin", means "Orange" in Estonian, with his hide echoing the colour of the Dutch side's shirts.
_____

'Psychic' parakeet picks Netherlands as World Cup winners

AFP
Singapore

Paul the "psychic" octopus has a rival.
A Singapore parakeet which correctly predicted all four winners in the World Cup quarter-finals has picked the Netherlands to trump Spain for the championship, local media said on Friday.
The bird, named Mani, has rapidly gained cult status among gambling-mad soccer fans who have been flocking to its owner's shop in Singapore's Little India district in the hope of winning big.
Local media reports said Mani used its beak to pick a card bearing the flag of the Netherlands over one with Spain's national colours.
"With the World Cup in its final stage, Mani is now literally the talk of the town - and many are going with its prediction of the Dutch team winning its first-ever World Cup title," Channel NewsAsia said on its website.
It said Mani and its owner, astrologer M. Muniyappan, used to see about 10 customers on an average day but now they entertain the same number in just one hour.
Dubbed "magical bird" and "homegrown psychic parakeet" by the local media, Mani accurately predicted the outcome of the game in which Spain won over Germany to set the showdown with the Netherlands, which beat Paraguay.
With the sport watched by millions of people worldwide, Mani is competing for stardom with Paul, the octopus in Germany which has also used its "psychic" powers to accurately pick winners.
Oh come on it was funny the first time, now lets ask every animal in africa see what they have to say lol, then record the ones that benefits your team!!.
nips
Devil Of The YearJoker Of The Year

Default 07-09-2010, 12:54 PM
well idk, wizzie said paul is attracted to bright colors, but argentina's flag has brighter colors than germany :U
Longknife

Default 07-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Only Paul can predict winners. It's just not legit unless it's him.

Then again, Paul apparently predicted everything right except the Eurocup final, so maybe Paul can't predict finals...

Guess we'll see.
fabricek
Writer Of The YearGreeter Of The Year

Default 07-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longknife View Post
Only Paul can predict winners. It's just not legit unless it's him.

Then again, Paul apparently predicted everything right except the Eurocup final, so maybe Paul can't predict finals...

Guess we'll see.
It wouldn't surprise me that if Paul's wrong, ppl will say that he can't predict finals, or that he can only predict german matches
Kilconey
Oreo Monster

Default 07-09-2010, 05:34 PM
So by the end of the world cup, how many animals are going to get roasted then when they're wrong?

« Flyff World > Miscellaneous > Archives »