MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > FlyFF Discussions > FlyFF Guides > Assist Guides

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you like my guide?
Yes. It was good/great 4 25.00%
No. It needs work/it wasn't very good 5 31.25%
A good idea, but the details for the build needs more work 2 12.50%
Not a good idea, keep Fighting Assists, using Knuckles 7 43.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Comment

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
ElementalKitten's Fighting Ringmaster Guide (Version 12)
ElementalKitten's Fighting Ringmaster Guide (Version 12)
Published by Elementalkitten
04-03-2009
Default Introduction

REGISTER TO REMOVE THIS AD

Elementalkitten's Fighting Ringmaster Guide

Hey there! Welcome to my very first guide EVER! This guide is for a little bit of a different way of a fighting ringmaster, please don't flame me for it, I have pros and cons to help me with this, and tips for people who want to try it. Take a look! (as long as you won't flame me!)
The Characters you can bother me with questions:

NameClassLevelCluster
PrettyKittyGirl1Acrobat55Demian
Healerkitty131FSAssist32Demian
ElementalKittenVagrant8Aibatt
VenlraiAssist18Mia

These are not all my characters, but they're the only ones that I don't mind if you bother me!

Okay, sorry about everything being really confusing before! I was really sleepy when I first wrote this...I'm really going to work on making it less confusing, and I'm editiing it like crazy! I'm taking everyone's advice in my builds and such, so it should be improved. If someone comments with a good idea, I will most likely add it in. (Note: This isn't an AoE build, just get the AoE move for emergency situations, such as being followed by agros...) I'm working on a new character right now, just going back and checking that I've got everything down properly...I'll also experiment with some more builds for these guys, and I'll see how I do...I'll add pics as I go, look for me in Aibatt if you want to see one in action, as soon as she's an assist...Probably going to be named Elementalkitten, or Elementalkitty, or something along those lines...

Contents

Tutorial Tools

Category
<< <    Next Page: The Fighting Ringmaster/Assist (Page 1 of 8)    >  >>

Yes No
By tootsie on 04-03-2009, 10:56 PM

Nice guide, again i feel the need to point out with guides is some sort of visuals or vids would be great. also how successfull were you with this build? lv? o: anyways i might give it a try if i get bored finding a plvler for my fs :/
By FiliaChan on 04-04-2009, 02:09 AM

Well, as far as the visual aspects go, you could try breaking the guide in more pages and ya, as already mentioned, some pics would help, too, for orientation purposes.

About the build, however, the uncapped str kinda makes Merkaba pointless, (saw you mention it somewhere) you won't have enough hp/def to tank a fair amount, nor int to deal higher Merkaba damage. If the rm wants an AoE with your setup, I recommend Burst Crack because of your str, as well as stun effect with Stonehand on.

Also, Holyguard is pointless for PvM and minimal for PvP. (50 magic def vs 2-10k hits from random eles/psies won't give you any extra survivability) I recommend not touching this skill any more than necessary to get to your next skills.
You'll also need accuracy, rather than Prevention. For a 1v1 character, your Prev. trigger (under 10% of the max hp) is too small and will almost always be bypassed by whatever you're fighting. (Prev. only triggers if you get a non-killer blow and your hp reach under 10% of your max; otherwise, prev fails and you die) Npc sticks offer accuracy bonus, but rare sticks do not.

And I've never heard of a Bosi stick. Can you describe it? I mean, for (described by you as) a cheap setup, you're recommending quite rare stuff, case in which they may be better off to get a knuckle/shield combo, which have other pros compared to sticks you haven't mentioned: better aspd breaks, as well as more easily socketable choices. (4 sockets on each hand item are easier than 8 sockets on only one) A lot of cheap shields are already available, with awakenings such as dex, crit, str and aspd.

As a last comment, the healing argument isn't gonna hold much on a long run, for a 1v1 build. Also, mobs will end up doing more damage than you can effectively ignore, aka you'll have to heal every 1-2 hits, making your killing time even slower and killing your mp constantly - being in fighting mode, you won't regain your mp. So, you'll always need mp pots.

1v1 characters typically prefer their partner spamming HolyCross, though those that kill fast enough are aware the rm can't keep up, so that's why they switch to healing. Either way, food will not be your problem. Either way, the differences I see between your setup suggestion and a 1v1 knight are that the knight gets better equipment options.
By ssREV on 04-04-2009, 07:54 AM

the self healing is not worth all the problems with such a char, such as slow fighting, low damage, etc

would be better to just make a bp and grab an FS
or just go int aoe RM
By Ecclesiastes on 04-04-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssREV View Post
the self healing is not worth all the problems with such a char, such as slow fighting, low damage, etc

would be better to just make a bp and grab an FS
or just go int aoe RM
The issue isn't that the RM's a fighter, it's that it's built as an inferior fighter. A BP can be just as gnarly as this, which is pretty gnarly indeed.

@Elementalkitten: My knuckle BRM never needed food to train, either. The stonehand+9x% atkspeed took care of that well enough. And he was actually decent enough to net a Holycross spammer now and again.

I've seen the hit rate on the sticks, and though they're appealing, the damage per str and the lower attack speed(and fewer awakening/piercing slots[!]) go a long way to making the stick an inferior weapon. I've even seen poorly equipped low dex builds do better with a basic knuckle than a high hit rate stick. This style of BRM is one I've never really seen played.

The guides says that you're not getting buffs for others, but for yourself. But this looks more like an old-school/"classic" BRM/Hybrid guide, where useless RM buffs are maxed because they're there, and adding 50int for whatever reason; the Heal Rain seriously confuses me. The only time I ever played an Assist like this was in the Mars Mines, when I had a leet awakening on a stick and didn't have a decent low level shield/knuck. My meat salads/star candies are better than my Heals and Heal Rains, and let my RM if I have one feel free to spam Holycross.
By ItsNotRudy on 04-04-2009, 10:16 AM

The fighting style is inferior, healing during fighting doesnt work as you'd have to stop and Heal. Also you say no fighting skill; Merkaba is a fighting skill cast with a stick.

Poorly done guide as well. You have a long way to go... perhaps after you've grasped all the aspects of melee or your own class even as you didnt even figure out your lv80 skill was a fighting skill...

Also the Qurion stick is weak, very weak and an RM needs an Aspeed shield + Knuckle to ever reach 100% Aspeed without an FS partner. Unless you can get a Stick with 30% Aspeed, you'll be at a low speed, damage and efficiency. Also, sticks have a slower attack cycle, so even at 100% you wouldnt be on par with a knuckle user.
By AznBlue on 05-30-2009, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsNotRudy View Post
The fighting style is inferior, healing during fighting doesnt work as you'd have to stop and Heal. Also you say no fighting skill; Merkaba is a fighting skill cast with a stick.

Poorly done guide as well. You have a long way to go... perhaps after you've grasped all the aspects of melee or your own class even as you didnt even figure out your lv80 skill was a fighting skill...

Also the Qurion stick is weak, very weak and an RM needs an Aspeed shield + Knuckle to ever reach 100% Aspeed without an FS partner. Unless you can get a Stick with 30% Aspeed, you'll be at a low speed, damage and efficiency. Also, sticks have a slower attack cycle, so even at 100% you wouldnt be on par with a knuckle user.

well yea she did mention in the guide that's the attacking with the stick would be slower then a shield and knuckle but the whole purpose of the battle stick assist/ ringmaster is to be able to stick to one weapon. I do want to point out that if you cast stonehand while battling you have a chance to stun which helps alot
Comment
« Flyff World > FlyFF Discussions > FlyFF Guides > Assist Guides »

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
Search this Tutorial:

Advanced Search