MMO Fam About MMOFam Suggest MMORPG Networks
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Flyff Home Flyff Wiki Flyff Guides Flyff Market Place Flyff Gallery Flyff Forums
Flyff Flyff Flyff
Register
Arcade
Gallery
Contact Us
Forum Support
Go Back   Flyff World > Multimedia > Tech Talk

Notices

Capeka

Default I need to buy a new Laptop - 08-06-2013, 05:04 AM
Hi guys, I want to replace my desktop computer in a few months time, this time I want a laptop, price range, 1K-2K dollars, is there a model/type of laptop you can recommend someone to buy and why?

Yes No
Tor
I'm Watching You

Default 08-08-2013, 01:47 PM
I just bought a new laptop for my gf. Went with windows 7 instead of windows 8. I guess you should think about the OS, that you want first since they are so different

1-2k is such a huge range, that you can pretty much get an amazing laptop. I have had a dell and a hp laptop. So far, I massively prefer HP over dell right now. The fact that I can do a clean OS install is so good. Maybe you can do it on dell to, but I don't remember.

I was looking at ultrabooks early, but so many have integrated graphic cards that I skip out on them. I think there is like a hand full of ultrabooks that have dedicated cards. And most I think are made by Asus. Asus, has some really sexy looking laptops and ultrabooks. Probably because they straight up took some design ideas from Apple IMO.

With a 1-2k budget, you should be getting one with a solid intel processor, a ssd hard drive, and a dedicated graphics card.

Yes No
Dr. Polaris

Default 12-15-2013, 04:28 PM
With 2k you should be able to buy 2 great laptops easily, and have one for school and one for home, or like work and leisure.

If you already have a laptop or something, then spend the 2k on a beast desktop. Sorry I'm not of much help!

Yes No
Dr. Polaris

Default 12-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Or like 1 above average laptop for $700-800, and build a great desktop for $1200

Yes No
Dr. Polaris

Default 10-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Did you end up getting a new laptop?

Yes No
homeofmew

Default 11-10-2014, 09:30 AM
I use a Lenovo y510p it's great

Yes No
Dr. Polaris

Default 02-06-2015, 10:45 PM
Oh wow hype! I use Lenovo Y500! They make amazing computers