Flyff World

Flyff World (http://flyffworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archives (http://flyffworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   The Official Flyffworld World Cup Thread! (http://flyffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134213)

Longknife 07-04-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokkun (Post 2167632)
Anyone else see the irony that the top scorers for Germany are Polish?

Ya but at the same time, Germany and Poland are like brother and sister.

I mean, I'm German, but if you look at my family tree any further than my great grandfather, it's 80% Polish.

Longknife 07-04-2010 03:21 PM

http://gawker.com/5579030/paul-the-p...diction-record

guorbatschow 07-04-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skidd (Post 2167636)
Muller was double yellowed and missing Spains match. I think.

About the offside disallowed goal, you dont have to be the goal scorer or touched the ball to be called offsided, if you stand still the goal would have been counted, if your in a offside position you're not allowed to make the play so if you take one step when your offside even if you didnt touch the ball, you stole your teamates goal/chance.

Correct it if im wrong, didnt look it up, just from what I remember from match commentators.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offside...ffside_offence

offside position =/= offside offence

also, half of today's polish territory used to be germany pre-WW2 and a lot of polish nationals are german by heritage.

Skidd 07-04-2010 03:56 PM

but when your in the offside position and you move to the ball, even if you dont touch it, thats when the offence comes in right?

guorbatschow 07-04-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skidd (Post 2167646)
but when your in the offside position and you move to the ball, even if you dont touch it, thats when the offence comes in right?

the problem is that "involvement" is subject to interpretation. but lets say forward A is on the outer left wing in an offside position, forward B is on outer right not in an offside position, and midfield C passes to B without even hinting that he might pass to A, then there shouldnt be an offence.

OwL 07-04-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nips (Post 2167524)
Uruguay vs Deustchland

Confia en tu hermanito Uruguay :glare:
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonno (Post 2167560)
There was no clear cut person it was going to exaclty. They had two people had forward, one (the scorer) was onside, the other one was offside.

The whistle was blown on the guy who was offside as it was clear to whom the active player would've been

The whistle had terrible timing... even if the whole team is offside, if the ball gets to the only guy that isn't, then it isn't an offside... the ref is supposed to wait until the pass is complete.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Molbol_x (Post 2167589)
Come on longy germany lost in the eurocup and will lose again in this worlds cup, but for the love of god if that retarded fat ass coach doesnt take out torres im so fuking asaling his face irl.

To be honest, I haven't seen a single move from Torres that haven't finished in grass-diving from him. The guy is such a crying baby; I think Pedro deserves a chance, or even Llorente.

Overall, I'm just expecting a nice match. Germany is not stoppable, they're very solid tactically, have an amazing teamwork and are just panthers when it comes to counter-attacking. I think Spain has to score a quick first goal if they want to have a chance. C'mon Argentina and England weren't in their best moments either, the Germans just studied them good, planned a nice tactic to face them and it worked. That doesn't mean it will work for Spain too... The quantity of goals just obeys to the fact that when any team is losing 2-0, they have to choose between "kill or die", both Argentina and England chose "kill" and that's when the German monster counter-attacking killed them.

tl;dr - I will support the good football in this game, if the madre patria wins I'll be happy for them.

Skidd 07-04-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OwL (Post 2167757)
Confia en tu hermanito Uruguay :glare:

The whistle had terrible timing... even if the whole team is offside, if the ball gets to the only guy that isn't, then it isn't an offside... the ref is supposed to wait until the pass is complete.

To be honest, I never seen a ref doing it or hear the comentators complain about it, usually what I see is the ref raise flag at the time of pass, if the guy offside moves forward, flag is up.

when the ref waits til the ball is past, then the ball gets past again the the guy offside is already forward or in play the flag is up and people said its a late call, etc etc team rages idk

OwL 07-04-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skidd (Post 2167770)
To be honest, I never seen a ref doing it or hear the comentators complain about it, usually what I see is the ref raise flag at the time of pass, if the guy offside moves forward, flag is up.

when the ref waits til the ball is past, then the ball gets past again the the guy offside is already forward or in play the flag is up and people said its a late call, etc etc team rages idk

I think they do that to avoid having to cancel a goal due offside... sometimes they wait long enough that the player actually scores, but since he's offside they have to cancel it. But it's not correct if they try to "predict" who is going to receive the pass.

I've actually seen scenes in which there are two forwards close to each other, one offside and one onside. The ball goes to the offside and he lets the ball pass and waits for the onside one to come and grab it.

fabricek 07-05-2010 03:26 AM

Longknife, what does Paul the octopus say on the match vs. Spain? He could save us from all our silly human predictions :worry:

Psychosys 07-06-2010 07:59 AM

Semi final tonight. I fear the Dutch team will lose, I hope they won't.
Same way I felt when they faced Brazil. Don't know why.
Should be a good game, though.